Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

WTF is wrong with my HD500x

TedPileggi

Here it is:

The USB and flash updates were applied. Directly after the update, FS1 and FS5 worked, but turning knob 1 caused chaos. After restarting the unit a couple times, the USB update seemed to disappear (version 0.00). Prior to the update, it would occasionally vacillate between version 1.01 (I believe) and 0.00. More often than not, the unit will move to the footswitch assignment screen without touching anything at startup, FS1 and FS5 will not work, and knob 1 will cause chaos. Occasionally, FS1 and FS5 will work, but knob 1 will not.

Any idea?

Thanks.

Ted

Don't worry about the USB firmware showing 0.00. It only shows the version when the device is actually connected to a computer, if I remember correctly.

The other problems you're having could be a lot of things, but sounds like a hardware issue. Since knob1, fs1, and fs5 are all in the same general area, maybe something fell on your pod from a great height without your knowing.