Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

External Tap Tempo

Melissiah

Hi, anybody know if I can use the exp2 jack and how to set it to put a taptempo pedal on a pod hd 500. It may look dumb but I want to sync 3 modules at same tempo with my 3 output pedal and unfortunately the boss rc-300 is bugged regarding midi tempo not comming from a sequencer...

I've tried using an external midi clock signal from a stompbox via the midi input of the POD to control the tap tempo.  The POD HD500 does recognize the signal initially and adjusts the tempo to match, but the POD slowly drifts away from the midi clock tempo after that initial adjustment.  I'm hoping Line 6 will correct this as it is causing me significant heartburn in trying to synchronize my gear. 

• Upvote 1

Yep trying something else

boss rc-300 looper working good with my roadrage 3 output tap tempo pedal when I use it on exp 1 pedal jack. Maybe it can send CC#64 to sync with podhd500 and use a 2nd output to sync my Gmajor2 but I don't know... Will be better if pod can send info via midi and that stupid BOSS can receive it (I read that it needs a start/stop sequence info wich makes that feature useless...). Digital data would be more accurate than an on/offf momentary stompbox using multi out (and interpretation of the signal)

I sync my HD500 with MIDI to get timed delay fx and mostly it's fine for live use... When recording, I've had to scratch a bunch of otherwise perfect takes though because it does drift and then readjust audibly.

• Upvote 1

Well now that's totaly awsome

JTV-89f to pod hd500 to DT25

SM-57 to G major 2 to boss rc-300 to mixer to mackies 450

The rc-300 is the main tap tempo. It send midi cc64 to pod and to g major 2 at the same time so all 3 are perfectly matched and I have stereo delays with one amp. (1/4 left and 1/8 dot right) Gotta have to learn some U2 stuff now ;)

Melissiah,

How well does the Pod track with the CC#64 from your rc-300?  Is there any audible sound of the Pod adjusting back to the tempo over time, or is it tracking perfectly?  I'm considering developing a CC#64 code that will be pushed by my external midi clock/ tap tempo stompbox into the midi in of the Pod if it will allow the Pod and M13 to track better to the tempo.  I use an external midi clock into the Pod and thru to the M13.  In theory, this would keep them both perfectly synced, but as indicated previously it drifts and readjusts and I can't have that happening. 

It's flawless.

I see 124 bpm on one screen and 124.5 on 2 others but...

My only bug is that I can't do good accelerando (the doors THE END) with the looper rc-300 cause it's start the mesure from start everytime you tempo tap. But since it's a boss disagrement it's not bad for ya ;)

Line 6 rocks

• Upvote 1

• 5 months later...

Hello All, would very much like to get some more info here.  I want to sync HD500x with RC300.  I will have loop set up on rc300 and need to send over midi to hd500x to sync global tempo for various presets.  Would very much appreciate any guidance...  Of course I'll look at manual, but may be easy answer from somone.. Looks like Melissiah has it working ??  I know it may get tricky with what RC300 thinks are 'measures' then divides time to get a BPM ?

Thanks !!

• 10 months later...
  • 2 years later...

rc300 midi out to hd500 midi in

like plug and play, if you want some precise patch where rc300 doesnt affeect your delay tempo, set time of delay in ms instead of 1/4 etc...

Hi Melissiah

rc300 midi out to hd500x midi in doesn't work here! What settings do you have on rc300 and hd500?