4 replies to this topic

#1 samothy01

samothy01

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 04:35 PM

I'm using my ux2 interface to record a live acoustic band onto my laptop (on Cubase 5). I will have the output of the PA going into the stereo inputs on the back of the interface and a AT4033 going into one of the xlr inputs as I need phantom power.

My problem is: I want a separate channel on Cubase for each wire coming into the interface (left output of the PA, right output of the PA and room Mic) but when I go into vst connections on Cubase it gives me a choice of 4 sends to choose from, can you tell me which send matches up to which input on the interface? Thanks!

#2 Triryche

Triryche

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 5151 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 04:42 AM

Unfortunately you can only capture 2 inputs simultaneously.

And if you are using the UX2's Line-In's than you are restricted to the Line-In's only.

As for the sends, it is worded slightly different depending on if you have POD Farm 1 or 2, but in POD Farm's mixer view you can chose what is sent to your DAW.

I typically use sends 1-2 for the unprocessed signal and sends 3-4 for the POD Farm Tone. That way I can add the POD Farm plug-in to the dry track post processing with the wet track to remind me what I was going for.

Also, I haven't used Cubase in a long time, but vst typically (always??) implies a plug-in.

#3 samothy01

samothy01

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 05:53 AM

Thanks for that, kinda disappointed but at least I know now! Do you know if I'll be able to have both the left and right channel of the PA recorded as one track into Cubase? That way I could still use the other track for the room Mic?

The Cubase wording is a bit funny but yeah, that's what they call it!

#4 Triryche

Triryche

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 5151 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 07:04 AM

Yes, can record Line 1 and 2 as one stereo track.

But to add the mic it would need to be a separate take.

But if you are asking can you capture Line1 and 2 as one track while simultaneously capturing the mic with the UX then the answer is no.

#5 TheRealZap

TheRealZap

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 15725 posts
  • LocationClemmons, NC USA

Posted 31 July 2013 - 09:51 AM

you can however... center pan the PA output and feed it into the instrument input, and use the mic

this would give you 2 mono tracks with all the content.

Yes, can record Line 1 and 2 as one stereo track.

But to add the mic it would need to be a separate take.

But if you are asking can you capture Line1 and 2 as one track while simultaneously capturing the mic with the UX then the answer is no.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ux2, cubase, recording, sends

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users