Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Ux2 Recording Problem

I'm using my ux2 interface to record a live acoustic band onto my laptop (on Cubase 5). I will have the output of the PA going into the stereo inputs on the back of the interface and a AT4033 going into one of the xlr inputs as I need phantom power.

My problem is: I want a separate channel on Cubase for each wire coming into the interface (left output of the PA, right output of the PA and room Mic) but when I go into vst connections on Cubase it gives me a choice of 4 sends to choose from, can you tell me which send matches up to which input on the interface? Thanks!

Unfortunately you can only capture 2 inputs simultaneously.

And if you are using the UX2's Line-In's than you are restricted to the Line-In's only.

As for the sends, it is worded slightly different depending on if you have POD Farm 1 or 2, but in POD Farm's mixer view you can chose what is sent to your DAW.

I typically use sends 1-2 for the unprocessed signal and sends 3-4 for the POD Farm Tone. That way I can add the POD Farm plug-in to the dry track post processing with the wet track to remind me what I was going for.

Also, I haven't used Cubase in a long time, but vst typically (always??) implies a plug-in.

Thanks for that, kinda disappointed but at least I know now! Do you know if I'll be able to have both the left and right channel of the PA recorded as one track into Cubase? That way I could still use the other track for the room Mic?

The Cubase wording is a bit funny but yeah, that's what they call it!

Yes, can record Line 1 and 2 as one stereo track.

But to add the mic it would need to be a separate take.

But if you are asking can you capture Line1 and 2 as one track while simultaneously capturing the mic with the UX then the answer is no.

you can however... center pan the PA output and feed it into the instrument input, and use the mic

this would give you 2 mono tracks with all the content.

Yes, can record Line 1 and 2 as one stereo track.

But to add the mic it would need to be a separate take.

But if you are asking can you capture Line1 and 2 as one track while simultaneously capturing the mic with the UX then the answer is no.