6 replies to this topic

#1 TheRealZap

TheRealZap

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 14826 posts
  • LocationClemmons, NC USA

Posted 29 April 2013 - 05:01 AM

I always change out gear, try this try that... pick up some new to me stuff on craigslist or anywhere else...

anyway... just thought i'd share my exploits and see if I could have some fun talking about gear that is often times not Line6.

My latest acquisition:

Roland JC-120

80's version, made in japan.

got tired of waiting for this one to be modeled...

what do i think ... wow!

built like a tank, and sounds great!

it sure is nice having an amp that i can just flip the switch and start playing too :)

Attached Files

#2 toneman2121

toneman2121

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2714 posts
  • Locationphilly

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:47 AM

looks like a tank too

I'M SO HAPPY!

#3 TheRealZap

TheRealZap

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 14826 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:49 AM

looks like a tank too

weighs as much as one too!  :o but it's got it's thing going on... tired of waiting for L6 to model this one... had a great opportunity so i snatched it up.

#4 toneman2121

toneman2121

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2714 posts
  • Locationphilly

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:53 AM

i remember when this amp came out. i wanted one but the price was out of sight for me

weighs as much as one too!  :o but it's got it's thing going on... tired of waiting for L6 to model this one... had a great opportunity so i snatched it up.

I'M SO HAPPY!

#5 TheRealZap

TheRealZap

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 14826 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 11:08 AM

they still make them and the price is still way too far out for me.. (@1200$USD)

I picked this up in a trade, and have FAR less than that in it.

#6 phil_m

phil_m

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 5277 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted 29 April 2013 - 12:44 PM

I don't have a picture of it, but I picked up a used one of these at Guitar Center a few weeks ago: http://www.musicians...-1x12-combo-amp

Wasn't planning on getting anything, but I happened to walk by the used stuff, and they had just marked this down to $350. I couldn't resist. Even the sales guy was like, "yeah, you could easily sell that for what you're paying...". Which is true. I could probably sell it for $450 on Craigslist. It's in excellent condition still - only a few scuffs on the tweed. I will probably keep it, though, and sell my Blues Jr.

Time is a train
Makes the future the past
Leaves you standing in the station
Your face pressed up against the glass

#7 TheRealZap

TheRealZap

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 14826 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 12:56 PM

I don't have a picture of it, but I picked up a used one of these at Guitar Center a few weeks ago: http://www.musicians...-1x12-combo-amp

Wasn't planning on getting anything, but I happened to walk by the used stuff, and they had just marked this down to $350. I couldn't resist. Even the sales guy was like, "yeah, you could easily sell that for what you're paying...". Which is true. I could probably sell it for $450 on Craigslist. It's in excellent condition still - only a few scuffs on the tweed. I will probably keep it, though, and sell my Blues Jr.

that's a sweet looking amp... I like the tweed. I've seen them on the local CL, for 400-500$ here as well. 

It's amazing how quickly gear loses it's value... gotta love the used market though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users