Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Relay In Ear Monitor Solution - Please Please Please

jwheeler91

Hi Line 6

Please make a wireless in-ear monitor system... It only needs to be simple... mono, stereo & dual (for mixing to mono in the receiver) balanced inputs. And a limiter (& EQ?)

I've read other people's request for an in-ear receiver & guitar transmitter in one unit. While, this is a cool idea, we play so many different instruments on stage that is isn't feasible for us... I'd rather have "instrument mounted" wireless solutions & body mounted in-ears

I'm certain that so many others want a 2.4GHz wireless in-ear monitor system too...

Cheers,

James

• Upvote 1

Hi James,

over at http://line6.ideascale.com/ there´s a long, long thread where all ideas regarding an in ear Monitoring System are collected. Be sure to stop by, log in and vote for the in ear system and post your ideas in the comment.

I´m really also looking forward to see a digital Line6 in ear system that fits perfectly into the Lineup of other Line6 gear like the M20d, L3T and relay wireless guitar systems.

Cheers

Thomas

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I have also for a couple of years been wondering why this solution is not ready for the world yet. It seems like an easy task. The technology already exist the other way around. Sending from the musician to a reciever (guitar, bass and vocals). I'm thinking about the Relay systems. Basically it is a digital Wireless signal flow from one place to another. Why not the other way? It's just a signal flow. I cannot see why a signal cannot be directed the other way. Think of it as you're wearing the reciever in your pocket and placing the transmitter in the rack. Reversing the flow. Instead of a guitar signal you put a line signal from your mixer in and you connect your in-ears to the output of the reciever instead of plugging it in a guitar amp. I really do not see the big issue. But I'm not an engineer so I don't know, if there is a problem somewhere. But this is 2015. We landed on the moon 50 years ago (or did we :-) ). But please get it done!

• 3 years later...