Photo

G50 Reception Issues

Best Answer bvaladez74 , 27 November 2013 - 03:43 PM

I switched my new transmitter to RF1, after experiencing a few random dropouts.  It fixed the issue.  Thanks for the help.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 tobiak

tobiak

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 12:07 AM

Hello everybody, I'm new in this forum, I have a G50, I am very sorry to say that there are big problems of transmission and reception, the quality of the sound is great, but the it lost signal continuously, this is probably due to wifi systems present nearby ....

anyone have the same problem ?

ciao,

tobia

#2 dboomer

dboomer

Line 6 Staff

• 2526 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 09:31 AM

What mode are you running in?  You could very likely have great issues if you are running in RF2 mode but have not scanned to find any nearby wi-fi.  In RF1 mode you should have very little issue with wi-fi unless the wi-fi access point is very near the receiver and you are farther away.

Also ... are you using the factory power supply or a pedal board supply?  Could make a big difference if the power supply is not correct.

#3 tobiak

tobiak

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 06:58 AM

Hello, thank you for your answer !! .... Actually I don't know if I'm in RF2 or RF1 .. how can I set this, and what is ? ....

thank you again

#4 tobiak

tobiak

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 06:46 AM

hello I have turned on the TBP12 holding down the Select mode and the only notice is that is 1.02 ( frmware ? ) ..

#5 dboomer

dboomer

Line 6 Staff

• 2526 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 10:27 AM

That is an early firmware rev and operates in RF1 mode only.

I didn't get an answer about the power supply ... what are you using?

Your best bet would be to scan for interference by turning on the receiver ONLY and switch between channels.  Keep track of how many and how frequent the RF ladder has red LEDs.  Use the channel that has the fewest indications.

There is also a troubleshooting guide in the knowledge base.  You should run through all the suggestions as there may be something simple happening that you don't recognise.

#6 tobiak

tobiak

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 10:02 PM

Hello, thank you again,

about the power supply I'm using it's own power supply ..

It's possible to upgrade to the latest firmware ?, I'm wondering if is better to use RF2 instead of RF1 ....

Ciao from Italy

#7 dboomer

dboomer

Line 6 Staff

• 2526 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 10:27 AM

Units with firmware versions lower than v1.3 must be returned to the factory for upgrade.

#8 Pimphish

Pimphish

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 03:32 PM

I just purchased a g50 3 weeks ago from guitar center.  I am also having this same issue.  Today I had at least 1 drop out per song in a 7 song set... and being that this is my job it's more than just annoying.

I am using the supplied power and I also went through the process of scanning for interference to no avail.  I have tried both Hi power and Low power... I typically run it at low as it's right on my pedal board in front of me.  I have tried it in different venues in the past 2 week with the same results (random drops) as well as taking my pedal board out of the signal chain and just gone straight guitar  -> Relay -> Amp which seemed to produce "less" drops but it still dropped.

Flying back home tomorrow and will be taking the relay off my board and returning it on my 3 days off unless I can solve the issue here.

Thanks for all the feedback everyone!  

#9 dboomer

dboomer

Line 6 Staff

• 2526 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 08:36 PM

As above... Which mode are you running in?

Have you gone through the troubleshooting guide ( in the knowledge base)?

#10 Pimphish

Pimphish

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:01 AM

I have gone through the troubleshooting guide.  I do not know which mode I am currently in but I will check in a few hours when we I get to my house.

On a positive note I ran in Hi power last night and did notice less frequency of losing green bars and I only had 1 drop.

#11 Pimphish

Pimphish

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:32 PM

It is in mode 2

#12 dboomer

dboomer

Line 6 Staff

• 2526 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 06:23 AM

Switching it to RF1 mode will likely solve your problems.  If you use RF2 mode you MUST scan for clear channels before operation while in RF1 mode that is almost never the case

#13 Pimphish

Pimphish

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:11 AM

I notice that in most venues I always get at least 1 red bar when switching channels

#14 dboomer

dboomer

Line 6 Staff

• 2526 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 08:19 PM

You will almost never not have a bar or two.  This does not mean there is a problem and your system will just lock up when you turn it on.  Still RF1 mode will fix your problem (and you'll see a bar of red there too)

#15 bvaladez74

bvaladez74

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts
  • LocationSan Jose, CA

Posted 27 November 2013 - 03:43 PM   Best Answer

I switched my new transmitter to RF1, after experiencing a few random dropouts.  It fixed the issue.  Thanks for the help.

#16 davidjaz

davidjaz

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 01:37 PM

What mode are you running in?  You could very likely have great issues if you are running in RF2 mode but have not scanned to find any nearby wi-fi.  In RF1 mode you should have very little issue with wi-fi unless the wi-fi access point is very near the receiver and you are farther away.

Also ... are you using the factory power supply or a pedal board supply?  Could make a big difference if the power supply is not correct.

Hi, i had the relay g50 for a few years now and i had never had a problem issues, i do gigs all the time,  but i just bought a new one, and i have a lot intermitent sound this last weekend, now that i see this forum ... im going to change to RF1 and see if it gets resolve, any other suggestions? does rechargeable batteries affect too?  Thank you

#17 dboomer

dboomer

Line 6 Staff

• 2526 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 08:21 PM

Rechargeable batteries to do affect operation but they may not last as long and the battery indicator will not register properly.

#18 gmahugh

gmahugh

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 10:33 AM

I have two units - one older unit that is single mode (has not been updated) and another newer unit running rf2. I had various problems since I got the newer unit with noise, dropouts, etc...  after reading this thread I am wondering just what the "upgrade" to rf2 accomplishes? It seems that there is a design problem here.

PS - I was told by a Line 6 employee that I would need to "upgrade" my older unit ($45 + shipping) in order to use both units in the same environment - I don't see any benefit to going that route and am thinking that I need to get rid of this stuff and change brands

#19 dboomer

dboomer

Line 6 Staff

• 2526 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 03:02 PM

RF2 is a method to deal with a different kind of interference.  To use it successfully you must scan for open channels.  In RF1 mode you don't need an open channel so it's generally easier to use.  In any case you can't use both at the same time.  I would suggest switching your new unit to run in RF1 mode.  See post #15 above.

You would only need to update your old unit if you want to run in RF2 mode.  You can switch the new G50 transmitter with button pushes on the transmitter.  The receiver will automatically switch over.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users