• Please log in to reply
155 replies to this topic

#81 spaceatl

spaceatl

Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 4660 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 06:18 AM

i just heard through the grapevine the reason there hasn't been an update and there won't be one is, in the near future, after they exhaust all of the parts inventory, they will announce a new modeler and it won't be called POD. THIS IS FACT. 

I also heard thru the poison ivy vine that the eagles were actually not going to suck this year... :D

#82 edshaw2

edshaw2

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 07:02 AM

More loop time.

Ability to edit L2t settings in HD500xEdit - similar to DT settings

Ability to have different output types for different output paths.  i.e. I'd like to use "combo-front" or one of the others to my L2t and at the same time use "studio direct" via the XLRs or SPDIF to the live board or protools.

#83 Metalliac

Metalliac

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 08:25 AM

If they said that different output signals for XLR and 1/4 outputs is physically impossible, that implies that they've actually used the same 2-channel DAC (digital to analog converter) to feed both outputs. This means in effect that there's only one stereo source and the signal is "split" for the two stereo analog outputs. It's a design flaw and nothing can be done to remedy it. Now usually on these kind of devices different analog outputs feature their own DAC channels but Line6 has clearly skimped on this to bring the costs down... 

That being said - I don't see any reason not to have multiple different virtual outputs via USB or SPDIF to record the dry DI signal with the amped one, except the dreaded DSP limit.

#84 toneman2121

toneman2121

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2714 posts
  • Locationphilly

Posted 13 August 2013 - 12:53 PM

I also heard thru the poison ivy vine that the eagles were actually not going to suck this year... :D

one can only hope :rolleyes:

I'M SO HAPPY!

#85 Crusty_Old_Rocker

Crusty_Old_Rocker

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 5112 posts
  • LocationGold Coast - Australia

Posted 13 August 2013 - 01:38 PM

nothing is set in stone... likeliness is slim... but they have made code optimizations in the past that allowed them to do more than they initially expected.

+1

In the past they've managed through optimisation to get more out of the units, they definitely did that with the PODxt Live.

Cheers,

Crusty

#86 Crusty_Old_Rocker

Crusty_Old_Rocker

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 5112 posts
  • LocationGold Coast - Australia

Posted 13 August 2013 - 01:41 PM

i just heard through the grapevine the reason there hasn't been an update and there won't be one is, in the near future, after they exhaust all of the parts inventory, they will announce a new modeler and it won't be called POD. THIS IS FACT. 

It would be strange for them to drop the word POD which has become synonymous with the Line 6 brand.

You'll see ® next to the POD name meaning it's a registered trade mark.  Do you really think they'd ditch that?

Cheers,

Crusty

#87 toneman2121

toneman2121

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2714 posts
  • Locationphilly

Posted 13 August 2013 - 02:41 PM

CRUSTY! where ya been

. just trying to start trouble

I'M SO HAPPY!

#88 cgtrox

cgtrox

Power User

• Line 6 Expert
  • 2072 posts
  • LocationTEXAS

Posted 13 August 2013 - 02:44 PM

They can't put it on the internet if it isn't true... :D

cgtrox B)

"Who's the little ol' man?" <_<

#89 anonyrat

anonyrat

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 81 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 06:36 PM

This is a FACT:  It is a new model with NO footswitches or pedals it will be called the HD RSOD 1T

They will keep, however, a cheaper version of the HD POD with less power it will be the HD PLOD 

Not sure if this is true but they were designing a model with pointed spikes instead of footswitches, tentatively (literally) called the HD PROD 

#90 ethyl80

ethyl80

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 06:51 PM

One will also be released with a faux fur coat, matching vespa, and white shoes called the HD MOD.

#91 mralmostpopular

mralmostpopular

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 11:37 PM

One will also be released with a faux fur coat, matching vespa, and white shoes called the HD MOD.

And the limited Bea Arthur edition, the HD Maude?

#92 Akeron

Akeron

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 01:07 AM

Don't forget the "POD Who" version with the blue telephone booth...

#93 scheater5

scheater5

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 06:48 AM

@Akeron  It has more DSP on the inside than makes it to the FOH.

#94 spaceatl

spaceatl

Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 4660 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 06:58 AM

"Outside you can see the difference, inside you can feel the difference."

#95 arislaf

arislaf

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1028 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 10 September 2013 - 01:30 PM

Where is the update??

#96 toneman2121

toneman2121

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2714 posts
  • Locationphilly

Posted 10 September 2013 - 02:43 PM

eagles 33

skins 27

i admit the skins did come bak with a vegence

I'M SO HAPPY!

#97 silverhead

silverhead

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 11095 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Ontario, Canada

Posted 10 September 2013 - 02:46 PM

What update? The most illuminating aspect of this thread is its title; in particular the word 'expectations'.  No one should have any expectation of any future update. None has been announced and Line 6 is under no obligation to provide it. Having said that, Line 6 typically does provide periodic updates - often not announced in advance. They simply appear - usually for free - and they are a great bonus for users.

An almost certain way to ensure that you are disappointed (and we've all seen this play out numerous times) is to:

- start to expect an unannounced update, with the basis of that expectation being nothing but a hope

- speculate on specific features that you hope (and soon expect) to be in the update. (A favorite one this time is Workbench HD capability via HD500 VDI. I'd love it, and I actually do expect this one soon. But I have no reason to. :o)

- project a target date on which you hope (and soon expect, again with no basis) the update to appear

- wait, and then wait some more, and then get upset that line 6 is 'late' with the as-yet-unannounced update

- finally, eventually, receive a bonus update - and then get disappointed and even angry because it doesn't contain everything you felt had been promised (your unfounded expectations).

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.
.... John Lennon

#98 DeanDinosaur

DeanDinosaur

Gear Head

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:28 PM

That's a very rational and lucid post Silverhead, but logic and rationale has nothing  to do with anything when it comes to Art (guitar playing B) ).  We want updates and more toys. I really wanted an update a long time ago and couldn't wait so I got an Eleven Rack. If line 6 had an update earlier I might have stuck around and bought a Variax or something else from line 6. It's expected of line 6 because line 6 has done it more than most companies (except for Fractal and Kemper). I still like the HD even though Eleven Rack has more realistic amps, because the HD has its own charm and very many good sounds in it. I thought of it this way, I was willing to pay for model packs and line 6 didn't have them so I paid about $300 for an Eleven Rack and got the mother of all updates!

#99 silverhead

silverhead

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 11095 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Ontario, Canada

Posted 10 September 2013 - 05:30 PM

Yes - you've identified my fatal flaw, rationality and logic. It plays havoc with my marriage sometimes. :D

Q:  Does this dress make me look fat?

A:  No, dear, it's not the dress.

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.
.... John Lennon

#100 bjnette

bjnette

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:35 PM

LOLOL

It sure would be great to get an update.

Meanwhile i am happy with my HD500 and still getting more out of it as it is packed with a huge amount of goodies as is.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users