What update? The most illuminating aspect of this thread is its title; in particular the word 'expectations'. No one should have any expectation of any future update. None has been announced and Line 6 is under no obligation to provide it. Having said that, Line 6 typically does provide periodic updates - often not announced in advance. They simply appear - usually for free - and they are a great bonus for users.
An almost certain way to ensure that you are disappointed (and we've all seen this play out numerous times) is to:
- start to expect an unannounced update, with the basis of that expectation being nothing but a hope
- speculate on specific features that you hope (and soon expect) to be in the update. (A favorite one this time is Workbench HD capability via HD500 VDI. I'd love it, and I actually do expect this one soon. But I have no reason to. )
- project a target date on which you hope (and soon expect, again with no basis) the update to appear
- wait, and then wait some more, and then get upset that line 6 is 'late' with the as-yet-unannounced update
- finally, eventually, receive a bonus update - and then get disappointed and even angry because it doesn't contain everything you felt had been promised (your unfounded expectations).
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.
.... John Lennon