kdog, I thought you were waiting for the Sonic Maximizer model?  :D

#142 gunpointmetal

gunpointmetal

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 08:28 AM

Anybody no where the Pro has gone off too...can't find it on Sweetwater or Musicians Friend....Pro X? Maybe?

#143 meambobbo

meambobbo

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1727 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 07:32 PM

have you guys seen the ideascale site.  not exactly encouraging - all the top items could be predicted, and there are 0 in review, in progress, or completed.  i have a feeling hd bean/pro x are around the corner and there'll be a lot of development to get everything functioning right.  sometimes they'll try to sweeten such purchases by expanding the nbr of available models or other salivatory firmware updates.

i'm just not getting my hopes up at this point.

Pod HD Tone Guide and Patches

#144 scheater5

scheater5

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:23 PM

IdeaScale is a joke.  The community is here, not there.  It's a poorly designed site, and so fewer people use it, and so it is a less accurate representation of the community.  I gave it the old college try and couldn't stand it.  The tons of spam email it sent me did not do it any favors with regards to my opinion (and that's what it is - my opinion. take it for what it's worth)

#145 TheRealZap

TheRealZap

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 14795 posts
  • LocationClemmons, NC USA

Posted 21 September 2013 - 05:20 AM

so much unimportant crap floated to the top....

just because they have vocal minorities... not to mention...

not all musicians are even online so that's just a sampling of the online percentage.

i'm positive they intend to do something with that info...

but i hope they weight it appropriately...

for example some of the lowest ranked crap might be bugs....

because if it's not staring you in the face, you won't care enough to vote it up.

have you guys seen the ideascale site.  not exactly encouraging - all the top items could be predicted, and there are 0 in review, in progress, or completed.  i have a feeling hd bean/pro x are around the corner and there'll be a lot of development to get everything functioning right.  sometimes they'll try to sweeten such purchases by expanding the nbr of available models or other salivatory firmware updates.

i'm just not getting my hopes up at this point.

#146 Akeron

Akeron

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 07:12 AM

On Ideascale I see some uninteresting\undoable (the accent is on undoable!) ideas have many "points" and there are lots of "disagree" on other ideas without even explaining why do they think that was a bad idea, so you don't know what the problem is. I frankly can't see the point of it! How useful is this? What happen when an impossible idea get 5000 votes? Maybe they will send a teddy bear to the OP with the t-shirt "Impossible idea of the month"...

#147 meambobbo

meambobbo

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1727 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 08:24 AM

Ur absolutely correct esp in consideration of the only thing that matters: it has no search feature!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WHAT

as far as disagreeing on how ideascale ranks ideas, well i have respect for people who really attempt to make it work. I went through pretty much all of them. Im not voting anyones ideas down unless it makes no sense or is just some subjective rant. Ill vote up all the issues i have and some features i want. I wanted to make some new ones but saw pretty much everything i would want

If i disagree with the rankings, i accept that and i dont really care how l6 ranks them internally. But they need to act. It feels like theres no one running the company. Just products out the wazoo all with quirks and deficiencies while doing other things very well. The line needs to be thought of as far from mature and greatly expanded on before new competitors enter

so much unimportant crap floated to the top....
just because they have vocal minorities... not to mention...
not all musicians are even online so that's just a sampling of the online percentage.

i'm positive they intend to do something with that info...
but i hope they weight it appropriately...
for example some of the lowest ranked crap might be bugs....
because if it's not staring you in the face, you won't care enough to vote it up.

Pod HD Tone Guide and Patches

#148 toneman2121

toneman2121

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2713 posts
  • Locationphilly

Posted 21 September 2013 - 01:41 PM

at this point i'm not expecting an update at all

I'M SO HAPPY!

#149 medbad5150

medbad5150

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 01:58 PM

ha ha...we'll get world peace first

#150 DeanDinosaur

DeanDinosaur

Gear Head

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 02:37 PM

There will be an update after digitech releases their new modeler/FX processor. It would be too late because digitech don't mess around releasing anything short of a final complete product. I predict that when Digitech releases the new modeler, there will be amp modelers for less than $100 that have USB recording and amp modeling that rivals those of the HD PRO at ten times the price. Further more the Digitech modeler,  at less than one hundred dollars, will have the option of paying to download additional amps and effects similar to amplitube custom shop.  

#151 toneman2121

toneman2121

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2713 posts
  • Locationphilly

Posted 22 September 2013 - 08:35 AM

Further more the Digitech modeler,  at less than one hundred dollars,

let me know when it's released

I'M SO HAPPY!

#152 DeanDinosaur

DeanDinosaur

Gear Head

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:04 AM

digitech  confirmed that they're working on something to follow up the RP series.Currently RP55 is less than $50 has twelve amps plus effects that are on par if not better than POD X3 modeling. I'll make sure I'll let you know when the POD HD killer from Digitech is released :ph34r:  

#153 toneman2121

toneman2121

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2713 posts
  • Locationphilly

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:37 AM

thank you

I'M SO HAPPY!

#154 Rewolf48

Rewolf48

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:47 AM

Ur absolutely correct esp in consideration of the only thing that matters: it has no search feature!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WHAT

as far as disagreeing on how ideascale ranks ideas, well i have respect for people who really attempt to make it work. I went through pretty much all of them. Im not voting anyones ideas down unless it makes no sense or is just some subjective rant. Ill vote up all the issues i have and some features i want. I wanted to make some new ones but saw pretty much everything i would want

If i disagree with the rankings, i accept that and i dont really care how l6 ranks them internally. But they need to act. It feels like theres no one running the company. Just products out the wazoo all with quirks and deficiencies while doing other things very well. The line needs to be thought of as far from mature and greatly expanded on before new competitors enter

+1

I agree with all of this - the voting and down voting especially. I get the impression that some people were down voting other peoples ideas in order to get their own higher ranked, and because it is anonymous they can do so with impunity.

The most important part is that Line 6 have to be seen to be doing something with it - even if it is only  getting someone to merge the duplicates and make it look like they are being reviewed. At the moment it just looks like a way of getting people to dump rants that they don't want to know about.

#155 DeanDinosaur

DeanDinosaur

Gear Head

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:30 AM

Further more the Digitech modeler,  at less than one hundred dollars,

let me know when it's released

Digitech just released Element and Element XP as update to the RP series. According to Digitech Rep, the algorithms for FX have been upgraded but AMP modeling didn't for these entry Level units. He hinted that in the next couple of weeks there will be updates to the other RP series and AMP  Modeling will be upgraded also. Unfortunately, the Upgraded amp modeling will be available at the more than one hundred dollar units. So it's a couple of weeks before the competition will heat up and I bet you that soon after that there will be a massive update to the line 6 HD series. Who knows we might jump to Pod HD 3.0. I expect that update to address so many of user requests and many will be pleasantly surprised.

That was a summary of what I read here:

http://www.thegearpa...=1324883&page=2

#156 toneman2121

toneman2121

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2713 posts
  • Locationphilly

Posted 29 September 2013 - 03:06 PM

I also heard thru the poison ivy vine that the eagles were actually not going to suck this year... :D

they actually suck

I'M SO HAPPY!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users