2 replies to this topic

#1 Ryantaylorrz

Ryantaylorrz

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 05:15 PM

Hi, I'm an intermediate guitarist who has owned a Spider IV amp for a long time and has been souly living off switching between the preset tones on the left dial (Metal, Insane, Twang etc...). I am not an expert and know next to nothing about amplifiers so if you could help me out here, thank you.

There's 4 channel buttons at the top which are presets for a certain tone, When I change the tone on that channel, it reverts back to the standard built-in tone and forgets my customisations, how do I get it to save the changes?

Sorry if this is extremely vague, the amplifier jargon hasn't sunk in yet. Still learning.

Thanks  :D

#2 RockettCrawford

RockettCrawford

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationDallas, Texas

Posted 01 August 2013 - 05:45 PM

When you get the tone the way you want, hold down the channel button that you want to store it in (A, B, C or D) for a few seconds until all 4 channel buttons start flashing and it'll be saved on that channel.

Lead Guitarist/Lead Vocalist for Bogart

https://www.facebook...129332947126373

#3 fflbrgst

fflbrgst

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1616 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 02 August 2013 - 04:21 AM

If you have a Spider IV 75 or above, you will also need to select the bank (User banks 1-16) and name the preset.

It's all spelled out in the amp manual.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: beginner, amp, preset, channel, switch, change, revert, save, tone

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users