Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Spider IV75 Master knob is controlling FX2 setting

mjcash

Has anyone had a problem with the Master knob controlling the effects on the FX2 knob?  No matter what I do, the Master knob (when turned) starts controlling Chorus/Phaser/Tremolo, not actual volume.  It then becomes impossible to turn off Chorus/Phaser/Tremolo and the volume is not controlled using the Master knob.  It does the same thing with version 1.52 or version 2.0 of the firmware (flash memory).  I opened a ticket with Line6 and the response was to either take it to a service center or ship it to them.  I was hoping there was something else that could be done, rather than boxing it up, shipping it to Line6 or driving over an hour to a service center.

• 2 weeks later...

My Spider IV 120 is almost doing the same thing, except that the effects will change at random while I'm playing and nowhere near the amp - it will do it even if I haven't touched the Master Volume Knob. Obviously this is a HUGE hassle and considering I've read a lot of these problems on the net and these forums, it's obviously not a specialized issue as many people have experienced this. I'm not going to ship it back, so I guess I'm stuck with a big fat practice amp (as I can no longer trust it for live gigs after the last embarrassment) that acts like an ADHD child with a side order of Oppositional Defiance Disorder.

Nice. Maybe I should hire an EA for my amp. 

Figured for $600 I'd get a decent amp that worked. 

Answer: Nope. 

Moxxi - your problem sounds different, it sounds like the 'loose knob-control' problem.  When you use a preset patch on your amp, the settings on the knobs don't matter, however if one of them gets moved (can happen from vibration, specially if the amp is turned up loud), it will change that setting to whatever the knob is pointing to.

Some people have fixed this by removing the knob, installing a small o-ring on the shaft, then replacing the knob.  This creates enough friction that the knob no longer moves form vibrations.