Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix FX Loop, External FX & Audio Clipping

Rodrigo_s

Hey, guys/gals. I've been experiencing an issue with trying to integrate my Neunaber Slate (Wet), in stereo via the Helix's stereo loop. I'm able to place the pedal in the tone chain just fine, and when using shorter decay reverbs, I have zero issues. BUT, when I use long decaying reverbs with modulation I get clipping in the high frequencies. It's not a crippling audio clip, but enough of it to really annoy me. 

I've contacted Neunaber about the issue, just cause I've ran this pedal in front, and in my "real" amp's loop, and never experienced this, but they couldn't really find a reason why this would be happening.

• I've played with changing the loop signal type from instrument to line, and vice-versa, but nothing changes

• Tried running it in the different loop options available on Helix and also running it in mono, and I still get the issue

• I've tried placing the effect before and after the Helix cabs and impulse responses as well, and while placing the effect before these helps a bit, it doesn't fix the issue completely.. and, this effect just sounds much better at the end of my tone chain

• I've also tried adjusting the lo and hi-pass filters on the cab sims.. no luck either

• Adjusted send/return & mix levels for the loop as well. If I turn the mix level way down (in the 30s) it does get rid of the issue, but it also gets rid of pretty much all of the effect (Haha)

Anyone else run into something similar? Any suggestions? 

Thanks!

• Upvote 1