Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HD500 Reversing left patch scroll footswitches?

GrampaBob

I've been looking for this but haven't found a solution.  I have a an HD500 and those left-most footswitches that let you scroll thru the patches is backwards to me.  I click up and the numbers descend?

I'm looking to flip that so when I click down scroll, the patch numbers also descend like I'm looking at my editor on the computer.  Down means descend in my lingo lol....thanks.

I don't think that behaviour can be changed. Visually, it matches the editor. Scrolling up in the editor shifts to the lower numbered presets/banks. For instance, if preset 2A is highlighted in the editor and you hit the 'up' arrow on the keyboard, you move to preset 1D not 2B. In general, hitting the up arrow in any program editor moves you up one selection in the displayed items. If the items are listed in ascending numerical order, that means you are moving in reverse through the list.

This was brought up some time ago and someone from Line 6 (Digital Igloo?) said they actually did a survey among a group of users. They said most of them liked it the way it was, but I seem to recall someone posting in ideascale to make it an option via a software update.