Helix Firmware v1.06.0 Release Notes
Helix v1.06.0 is a firmware update that includes new models, features, fixes, stability improvements, and optimizations. It is highly recommended that all Helix users perform this update!
It is also recommended that you back up your current presets by using the Helix application to create a preset bundle, allowing you to install new presets as part of the update process.
The easiest way to perform the update process is by installing the latest version of Line 6 Updater. Once you've connected Helix to your computer via its USB port (hubs are not supported), Line 6 Updater will recognize the unit and take you through the update process. Both the Helix application and Line 6 Updater may be downloaded here: http://line6.com/software/
New Amp Models
- Matchstick Ch1, based on* Channel 1 of the MatchlessTM DC30
- Matchstick Ch2, based on* Channel 2 of the MatchlessTM DC30
- Matchstick Jump, based on* jumping Channels 1 and 2 of the MatchlessTM DC30
New Effects Models
- Distortion > Teemah! (Mono, Stereo), based on* the Paul Cochrane Timmy® Overdrive
- Distortion > KWB (Mono, Stereo), based on* the Benadrian Kowloon Walled Bunny Distortion
- Distortion > Bitcrusher (Mono, Stereo)
- Modulation > Dynamix Flanger (Mono, Stereo)
- Modulation > Deluxe Phaser (Mono, Stereo)
- Modulation > Tremolo (Mono) and Tremolo/Autopan (Stereo), based on* the BOSS® PN-2
- Pitch/Synth > Simple Pitch (Mono, Stereo)
- Pitch/Synth > Dual Pitch (Mono, Stereo)
- Filter > Autofilter (Mono, Stereo)
* All product names are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with Line 6.
- Swap Footswitch Assignments—This feature makes organizing Stomp footswitch mode a lot easier, especially when footswitches have multiple-assigned items or custom labels/LED ring colors. Touch and hold (but don’t press) any two stomp mode footswitches for one second. A dialog box appears, asking if you want to swap all assignments. Press Knob 6 (OK)
- When touch-holding a footswitch to invoke Quick Footswitch Assign (or touch holding two footswitches to swap their assignments), the dialog panel automatically closes after four seconds
- In rare cases, assigning a parameter to a footswitch may briefly display the parameter’s value above Knob 1 (Parameter) on the Controller Assign page —FIXED
- After returning to a preset while the looper is active, the Looper block and/or half-speed footswitch’s LED may not properly reflect its state(s) —FIXED
- In some cases, a Command Center > CC Toggle footswitch’s LED may not properly reflect its state —FIXED
- Helix may fail to respond when receiving a huge string of MIDI PC messages while on the Setlist view —FIXED
- After customizing the name of an auto-assigned EXP 1 block (Wah or Pitch Wham), the Volume Pedal may become unassigned —FIXED
- General stability improvements
- Other minor bug fixes and optimizations
- When selecting banks by pressing FS1 (BANK UP) or FS7 (BANK DOWN), FS6 now appears as CANCEL, letting you dismiss bank queue without changing footswitch modes
- Expression Pedal 2 and 3 can now adjust values in Pedal Edit mode
- Factory presets leveled
- Additional improvements made to the factory preset bundle
Resetting Helix Globals / Loading the Newest Factory Presets
IMPORTANT! This procedure will completely overwrite all existing presets and setlists, as well as clear all user IRs and reset all global settings! Back up your presets and IRs before proceeding!
- Turn off Helix.
- While holding footswitches 9 and 10 (middle two switches on the bottom row), turn on Helix. Wait for the message “Will reset Globals and restore stock Presets, Setlists and IRs…” to appear and let go.
- Minor pops and clicks may be present when Helix is streaming audio from a Mac® running OS X 10.11 (El Capitan)
- Minor pops and clicks may be present when Helix is streaming audio from an iOS® device running iOS 9.1 or 9.2 with Apple® Camera Kit
- Importing a Helix bundle while streaming audio over USB may cause the Helix application to disconnect