Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Third Time's A Charm

Well, I picked up my third JTV59 yesterday and so far, so good.  I couldn't find another Cherryburst I liked, so, this time I went with the Black one.  One thing I'll say, is that I have found these guitars to play consistently well, I really like them.  The neck is much different than my Old Ibanez RG-440 which was thin and very flat.  The profile fits my thumb really well, and I'm able to get some bends and vibrato going that I have not been able to do on other guitars.  One other thing about this black beauty is that it is significantly lighter than the two Cherrybursts I had.  I don't notice a difference with the sustain or tone though, which I though I might notice due to the difference in wood density.

I hope that the electronics stay strong on this one, cause I sure do like it!

John

• Upvote 1

The neck is much different than my Old Ibanez RG-440 which was thin and very flat.  The profile fits my thumb really well, and I'm able to get some bends and vibrato going that I have not been able to do on other guitars.

I spent a lot of time playing the 59 and 69 at Guitar Center before deciding on the latter.  I really liked the looks of the 59, but was very put off by the enormous neck heel.  Do you find that bothersome at all?  It seems an odd design choice on an otherwise handsome instrument.

Good luck! They're amazing guitars when you don't stumble across a defunct one. Hopefully when people do buy a bad apple they can swap for another one with ease. 

The warranty comes with every guitar right?

Yes, they are warranteed.  However, I just returned them to Guitar Center and they took them back without a problem.  I did call Line6 Support and they would have issued call tickets to take them in for repairs, but that means being without a new guitar for a few weeks.

I spent a lot of time playing the 59 and 69 at Guitar Center before deciding on the latter.  I really liked the looks of the 59, but was very put off by the enormous neck heel.  Do you find that bothersome at all?  It seems an odd design choice on an otherwise handsome instrument.

To be honest, I'm a back bedroom rock star, I never gig out, just an occasional Jam with a friend.  I do some home recording and mostly play rhythm, so, the neck heel isn't really an issue for me.  I love to jam to tunes on an itunes playlist and just rock out!  I like the JTV because I find it easier to figure out songs by ear when the guitar sounds like the one I hear.  The number of tonal options on the JTV is fantastic.

As for the heel, I guess its is just a matter of personal preference.  If you spend a decent amount of time on the upper frets, I can see where it might feel chunky.