Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Anyone ever run a Podxt into a home audio receiver?

I received an unwanted Pioneer 145watt x5 Audio/Video receiver as well as a set of super hefty home speakers that have 8" woofers and 5" midranges and tweeters. So how would I run my kidney bean Podxt into the back panel of this? The Podxt has a right and left output, and of course a headphone jack as well.

Here's a pic of the amp back panel:

http://www.frys.com/product/7147682

The specs for the right and left outputs on the PODxt: balanced 1/4-inch TRS (tip/ring/sleeve) connectors with pro +4dBu balanced equipment. They will also work happily with unbalanced –10dBV equipment and standard guitar cables. If you need mono output, you can use either one.

I honestly don't know what any of that means! I don't want to fry anything HELP :o

I would connect the L/R pod outputs to the inputs labelled Analog In CD on the rear panel. Don't worry about the levels (+4 or -10). You can adjust using the volume controls on both the pod and receiver as required. There shouldn't be any real issues over the short cable distances you'll be using.

I would connect the L/R pod outputs to the inputs labelled Analog In CD on the rear panel. Don't worry about the levels (+4 or -10). You can adjust using the volume controls on both the pod and receiver as required. There shouldn't be any real issues over the short cable distances you'll be using.

I don't currently have the correct rca adaptors to do this to each individual channel, but I do have a Stereo to dual Rca's that I once used for a portable cd player. I guess this could work but not give me the "True" stereo effect the pod can give. Would I be missing out much?

Depends on how much stereo processing is included in your HD500 preset. Connect your single 1/4" jack to the HD500 L/MONO output. That will sum the output signal to mono and your cord will distribute the same signal to the rca inputs on the receiver. It will certainly let you experiment with things enough to know whether or not you want to get the correct adapters for a full stereo sound later.

It will certainly let you experiment with things enough to know whether or not you want to get the correct adapters for a full stereo sound later.

I went out and purchased the correct rca adaptors. Will try this evening. Only question is what should I change the destination choice to? Studio Direct , Combo front, Combo poweramp.

Studio direct Id guess?

Same, when I run my hd 500 through my PC, I run the headphone out with a 1/4 inch adapter to3.5mm in the headphone jack, to a 3.5mm y adapter that had RCA connections on the other side ( really long) to my RCA inputs on my L3T, works great, especially if you're recording or jamming with music from your PC

Just wrapped up testing! I went out and bought two Rca to 1/4 mono audio cables and rigged it up through the Cd inputs and set to Studio Direct. Works like a charm!

Then I moved on to my real end game. ABY box to the Pod and my Fender Blues Junior set the Pod to my tweaked Tony Iommi heavy heavy reverb setting and then 2 overdrives and reverb pedal into the Blues Jr. and it's killer!

My large home speakers are positioned behind me in my living room and the Blues Jr is out front. The combination of the two is so rich and heavy yet defined that I used my standard tuned guitar. Didn't bother trying any of my down tuned ones. Got such a nice blend with both of them! Crazy when I switched off the Pod I found out how trebly and shrill my final settings for the Blues Jr ended up being and then I switched to the Pod alone and how unusable my final settings were by themselves. Together just killer!

Give this a try sometime!