Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Switching Joystick-button and Action button

Bommeltje

I just received my Helix, so I am speed programming my sounds for my gig next Sunday. I'm in a coverband, so I need lots of sounds!

I don't no how many times I have pressed the joystick button to try to pick a block up, move it with the joystick and press the joystick to put it down. But that doesn't work!! As you all know, pressing the joystick opens the list of effects, cabs, etc. It drives me crazy!!

Is that just me?? I just can't seem to change my routine!

I would very much like to be able to switch the functions of the action-button and the joystick-button. Would be great for a next update!!

• Upvote 1

Being able to switch the buttons around would likely be a good update, but I've not once had an issue with the operation of controls.  I have to respectfully disagree; as I find the controls to be very intuitive.  

Once an effect is highlighted you need to press the action button to move it, not the joystick button!

Edit: just realised you probably know that already but were struggling with the habit of pressing the joystick since it would seem intuitive. I've done the same thing a few times. It'll all be much better once the editor is available.

My favourite one is renaming a footswitch

Select the letter you want 

press the joystick

balls!

Are you saying that's a bad thing? I actually like that feature - being able to jump from the lowercase to upper case to numbers, etc. quickly is really nice. I'm actually surprised how fast it is to enter a name with the joystick. It's not as fast as typing one in, but it's a lot faster than, say, the HD series.

Are you saying that's a bad thing? I actually like that feature - being able to jump from the lowercase to upper case to numbers, etc. quickly is really nice. I'm actually surprised how fast it is to enter a name with the joystick. It's not as fast as typing one in, but it's a lot faster than, say, the HD series.

It is a good thing but just out of habit I keep pressing the joystick down to enter rather than right to move on

It's a me thing

• 2 years later...