#41 snhirsch

snhirsch

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 310 posts
  • LocationBurlington, VT USA

Posted 24 April 2014 - 05:06 PM

<sigh...>  Please actually read the message thread before you dive in?  I was corrected almost immediately and fell on my sword over the statement. 

40 years of Rock-n-Roll and proud of it!

PRS Custom 24 (1990) w/ GK-3 Hex PU

James Tyler Variax JTV-69(k) w/ Strat Neck

Roland GR-55 Guitar Synth

QSC K10 FRFR

#42 Omix

Omix

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 03:37 PM

I'm a lefty and regardless of the market I believe anyone who makes the comment that guitar vendors only only concern in targeting their core market is incorrect. I firmly believe that as a maker of guitars you obviously did it to share the love and passion of music. Why hasn't there been a left handed version? Not sure, but I certainly would not say it's a marketing strategy. I have no problem finding a left handed Taylor, Martin or Guild and those are high end brand names. 

Anyone who suggests purchasing a new guitar to bring it to the shop to have it modified certainly isn't putting themselves in our shoes. Who in their right mind want's to purchase a guitar ($1300) just to have it modified for play. NOONE!

So whether the minority or the majority music and instruments are for anyone and therefore suggesting otherwise is childish. Line 6 should almost certainly consider a left handed 69 model. It's not as if they would have to have a high number of production on them there is a financially reasonable approach to building them. Or, possibly by special order only. 

Either way, I would say to any righty, if it's not that big of a deal to go drop a G note on a guitar just to have it modified for play. Then go by a lefty next time and let me know what you think.

Peace

#43 TheRealZap

TheRealZap

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 15514 posts
  • LocationClemmons, NC USA

Posted 03 May 2014 - 03:54 PM

there should certainly be some left handed models...

but this argument makes no sense...

high end is high margin....

in a lower margin/mass market product...

you make your money by selling more....

no matter what hand you play with... you have to concede there are many more right handed players... and therefore more opportunity to sell more...

all that as a given, perhaps they should have at least made a USA left handed model by now...

not as easy as simply cutting a mirror image of the guitar and stringing it backwards....

the electronics board may need to be completely redesigned to put the controls etc in the right place...

the internal cavities changed or whatever...

by all means keep pushing and asking and promoting the idea...

just saying... if it was simple... it would already have been done.

I have no problem finding a left handed Taylor, Martin or Guild and those are high end brand names. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: left, lefty, left handed, james tyler, variax

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users