Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Alternate Tuning Not Working

Hi Guy's

I have a JTV 69 and the alternate tuning is not working properly. The "standard", "Drop D" and "1/2 down" seem to all in the 1/2 down tuning position. For a while the "Model" position seemed to be standard and that worked for a day now Model position is blue and also seems to be set at 1/2 down tuning. I've tried using the workbench HD to upload the default tuning. No Luck. I've tried changing one string tuning with workbench, no luck. I've tried the factory reset as described in the manual, Knife switch in middle position plug 1/4 cable in while holding guitar model button down. No luck. (Lights do not flash as described in procedure).

I'm using the latest firmware updates. Reinstalled workbench, no change.

I purchased an extended warranty, is there anything else I can try before returning it to the store. The guitar was purchased in Dec. 2014.

Brian 

Did the re-flash, no change. I can modify the guitar body with workbench however the tuning will not change. The communication between the computer and tuning seems to be lost.

The blue light occurs when the default setting has been modified. I've found nothing about this in the manuals, I'm guessing it's a way to inform the user that the setting has been modified and is not what is stated on the roller. This makes no sense when the tuning is in the "model" setting, as there are no standard settings, they are all custom. But my "model" is now blue which makes me think something funky is going on with my tuning wheel. I've also notice this morning the white light is not always coming on when I change the setting.  

It looks like I need to return the guitar.

"I've tried the factory reset as described in the manual, Knife switch in middle position plug 1/4 cable in while holding guitar model button down. No luck. (Lights do not flash as described in procedure)"---

That way of doing a factory reset is out of date. An update is in progress.

After the Flash crossed over to v2.00, the only way to factory reset is to re-Flash it.

A Line 6 authorized tech in your area will need to get inside to deal with the Alt Tune problem.

You should contact Line 6 through the ticketing system through your Line 6 account, and 

get any needed return authorizations.

Got the guitar back today. Everything is working as it should be :o).

Great service from Long and McQuade. They gave me a Variax 69 loaner at no charge while my guitar was in the shop.

Thanks for everyone's help here on the form.

Brian

• 1 year later...