#1 JaPPa

JaPPa

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 05:27 AM

Hi guys,

I'm using the MKII shortboard with a Spider iv 75. Here is my problem .. the buttons 'STOMP' and 'REVERB' don't always go on/off when pushed. Is there a way to calibrate or et-up the buttons so they work all the time? Other buttons are working perfectly. 

#2 fflbrgst

fflbrgst

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1704 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 05 August 2013 - 05:14 AM

Make sure you update your Shortboard firmware by plugging into your computer and using Spider Monkey to check for updates.

#3 JaPPa

JaPPa

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 01:18 PM

Amp and shortboard are up-to-date. 

#4 fblamauer

fblamauer

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationToronto area, Canada

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:34 AM

This is a known problem with the micro switch buttons that are soldered to the internal circuit board. The buttons wear out and need to be replaced on a fairly regular basis.

I submitted a fairly lengthy post with all details of how to do this but the post has expired. In summary, you need to open up the Short Board and de-solder the failed switch from the circuit board, then solder in a new one. The switches are very cheap and can be sourced online or from any electronics supplier.

Next time I open mine up I will take pictures and re-post the instructions since this seems to be a fairly common problem.

This was the post in case anyone from Line 6 is paying attention http://line6.com/sup...e/366052#366052 but as I said, it is no longer there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users