Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Dt50 Sighting!

grandinq

I saw Yes lat night.  Steve Howe sounded great with his DT50.  He kept it simple; sounded like he was using the first two topologies.  Of course, he is also a fantastic player, and could make just about anything sound good.

He also used an older Variax for a lot his acoustic parts, including the 12 string on And You And I.  That sounded quite good as well.

I'm not getting a chance to use the 500 & the DT together very much right now - not REALLY use them, anyway. If I do, it's with the mixer and low volume. I am working on a second setlist for the 500 > L6 link > DT50 that will hafta be tweaked when I can let her loose, tho!!  :P

How the heck are you, Buddy? Haven't heard alot from ya lately?

• 2 weeks later...

A great introduction to Steve Howe is the song Yours Is No Disgrace.  It was the first song that got my attention:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFOOQ8e5J3A

Some guitar highlights

:54 clean melodic line (I've been trying to learn this at the proper tempo all summer)

5:57 lyrical solo

6:22 jazzy solo

There's way more Steve Howe than this, of course.  He is a fantastic acoustic player (listen to Clap, which happens to be the next track after Yours Is No Disgrace, or Roundabout) and can rock hard, though he never cultivated a big, high gain tone.  His playing is tasteful, melodic, and serves the song.  

• 1 month later...