Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod Farm standard VS Pod Farm iLok

I'm planning on buying Pod Farm as a standalone plugin (following having it with my UX2)

I noticed the iLok and standard versions and want some advice regarding which one to go for.

I'm considering the standard version, but I'm planning on using Pod Farm between school and home use (as I teach in a school and do extra-curricular stuff)

If I bought the standard version, could I put/use my license on a second computer, so I could use Pod Farm at school and at home?

Or would it be better to buy the iLok version?

You are able to run Pod Farm on multiple computers using the license included with your purchase. You just need to run the Line 6 License Manager on the first use on each computer. You don't need/want the iLok version.

Okay, so if I buy the standard version, just run the license manager on the time I use it on a computer and then I'll be good?

Can I ask, why exactly don't I want/need the iLok version?

yes, you can run the license manager, and setup an active license on 4 devices or computers at one time... you can also deactive a license and activate on a different machine at any time.

the ilok requires a usb port

and the ilok cannot use model packs! its either standard or platinum....

the main reason of course is explained above... you have to move the ilok device and plug it into a single computer at a time....

the pod farm license does not support the ilok computer authorization license.

Okay, so if I buy the standard version, just run the license manager on the time I use it on a computer and then I'll be good?

Can I ask, why exactly don't I want/need the iLok version?

yes, you can run the license manager, and setup an active license on 4 devices or computers at one time... you can also deactive a license and activate on a different machine at any time.

the ilok requires a usb port

and the ilok cannot use model packs! its either standard or platinum....

the main reason of course is explained above... you have to move the ilok device and plug it into a single computer at a time....

the pod farm license does not support the ilok computer authorization license.

Okay then, I assume then, if I wanted to de-activate my license for my school account I could do that from my home computer Line 6 License manager right, if I ever I left my job for a different school?

(apologies for the neurotic questions, I don't have much experience with the license manager haha)

The plugging the iLok USB thing doesn't sound too much of a hassle, but I guess it's better for more than 4 devices, whilst in my case I'm only using 2 devices (my home computer and my school login)

you have to be on the device/computer to deactivate yourself... however... if needed line6 support can deactivate for you if you no longer have access... such as change jobs, computer crashes, etc

Okay then, I assume then, if I wanted to de-activate my license for my school account I could do that from my home computer Line 6 License manager right, if I ever I left my job for a different school?

(apologies for the neurotic questions, I don't have much experience with the license manager haha)

The plugging the iLok USB thing doesn't sound too much of a hassle, but I guess it's better for more than 4 devices, whilst in my case I'm only using 2 devices (my home computer and my school login)