Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Soon to be a Helix user

hideout

Hello all.

After a very very long hiatus from Line 6 modelers, I'm going to give it another shot. Mostly it's because I'm a Yamaha fan.

I have some questions about the Helix's built in expression pedal and its operation as a volume control. Is there a global assignment for the expression pedal to only be a volume pedal? If not and if I had several patches that have it assigned as a volume pedal, does the Helix track the pedal's position/angle so that it supersedes the volume setting on each patch?  Can it be set to be the global output volume control (pre reverb and delay of course)?

Thanks.

Hello all.

After a very very long hiatus from Line 6 modelers, I'm going to give it another shot. Mostly it's because I'm a Yamaha fan.

I have some questions about the Helix's built in expression pedal and its operation as a volume control. Is there a global assignment for the expression pedal to only be a volume pedal? If not and if I had several patches that have it assigned as a volume pedal, does the Helix track the pedal's position/angle so that it supersedes the volume setting on each patch?  Can it be set to be the global output volume control (pre reverb and delay of course)?

Thanks.

The pedal can't be assigned globally.

But, how you choose to have the pedal's position remembered is a global option, meaning you can have it by preset or the actual current pedal's position regardless of patch.