Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Help! Flextone 3 adding reverb to presets and won't allow me to change banks

I've owned my Flextone 3 for about 12 years and never had a problem until now.

My band had a gig in 5 days and today at practice my amp (while connected to my FBV shortboard) decides to start turning on the reverb on different patches (LED lights up on the floorboard too) and is rather stuborn about letting me turn it off.

Also the floorboard is not allowing me to bank up or down unless I unplug the RJ45 cable from the board and plug it back in.

I had the thought that maybe I need to replace the memory battery, but after digging around in the forums, it seems that there isn't an internal battery?

Any help here is appreciated?

• 4 weeks later...

I have had a very similar problem, also I would get a volume drop.

The only solution I have found is to open up the amp, disconnect the ribbon connectors and then put them back together. I also put a jack plug in and out of the headphone socket and the effects loop sockets.

This has solved the problem but I have no idea why !!!

+1 on opening up the Flextone and cleaning the ribbon connectors.

Also contact clean the RJ45 connectors on the amp, the FBV and the cable ends. Additionally, your FBV might be due for a cleaning also. There are a couple of ribbons in there also that can oxidize and make things freaky...Still have my Flexy and use it in our rehearsal space weekly...