Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Help setting hd500 to jca20h

eezapz2101

Hi I'm having nightmares with my podhd500 and my jet city 333 jca20 half stack

I just can get it to sound right to muddi, or to shrill

I don't understand the global eq settings,

The focus how to use it?

So I understand that the highs and lows are just to cut unwanted highs or lows

Today I tried to use the pod as stomp box just the effects but the pod colored the sound dark and muddi

And volume level not at unity with the Amps volume.

I'm looking for the pod to get at unity volume with my amp and clear tone as the amp how can I do that?

I'm stressing

The amp is a single Chanel class a tube amp, it gets decent cleans but I like the amps tone so I would like just to use the pod as a stomp box unit

Please help.

Hi,i'm a TOTAL novice with the 500X,& i'm going through a similar set-up to yours(guitar amp),i'm using an Orange Rocker30C,but to date i'm getting pretty much the opposite tonal experience to yours,my amp models sound really bright/trebly,but the effects work really well.

Are you going into the JC amp Front Panel guitar input or into an effects return or Power Amp in ?do you play at gigging or home levels?.

As i said i'm a complete novice,but try the following.

Input Source 1: Guitar.

Input Source 2 :Aux.

Input Z: Auto.

Output :Studio Direct:

Line/Amp switch set to Amp.

I've also found the Line 6 Drive & Distortion pedals work great.

If you play at low levels be carefull how much "DRY" Guitar sound is dialed in,in the Amp Model By-Pass Volume,if the Amp volume is very low,you can get a lot of dry Guitar in the signal.

I'll say again i'm a real novice & i probably shouldn't be answering questions or giving any advice,but it might help & can't do any harm,i think :)

i have a jca22 head, the two channel version, it's my backup/rehearsel amp, i do get very decent results, i use it with 4 cable method with my hd500x.

i use the pod's preamps and the jca22 preamp, i use the global eq to tame some of the schrill highs of the jca and some of the pods preamps,

i only use the high cut section of the global eq, cutting highs from around 8k, the lowcut should help with the muddines in you're setup.

for unity volume, just compare volume with guitar straight in the amp and with guitar-pod in to the amp, and set you,re pod's volume to match.

you can set the pods volume with the master volume knop, or with the mixer block in you,signal chain, remember you have to place drive pedals before the mixer block, or else you,re driving you,re drive pedals.

Hi,i'm a TOTAL novice with the 500X,& i'm going through a similar set-up to yours(guitar amp),i'm using an Orange Rocker30C,but to date i'm getting pretty much the opposite tonal experience to yours,my amp models sound really bright/trebly,but the effects work really well.

Are you going into the JC amp Front Panel guitar input or into an effects return or Power Amp in ?do you play at gigging or home levels?.

As i said i'm a complete novice,but try the following.

Input Source 1: Guitar.

Input Source 2 :Aux.

Input Z: Auto.

Output :Studio Direct:

Line/Amp switch set to Amp.

I've also found the Line 6 Drive & Distortion pedals work great.

If you play at low levels be carefull how much "DRY" Guitar sound is dialed in,in the Amp Model By-Pass Volume,if the Amp volume is very low,you can get a lot of dry Guitar in the signal.

I'll say again i'm a real novice & i probably shouldn't be answering questions or giving any advice,but it might help & can't do any harm,i think :)

Yes plug to the guitar in on my pod from mono 1/4 jack to the front of the amp I'm using the half stack setting I believe and I play at giving volumes at church

i have a jca22 head, the two channel version, it's my backup/rehearsel amp, i do get very decent results, i use it with 4 cable method with my hd500x.

i use the pod's preamps and the jca22 preamp, i use the global eq to tame some of the schrill highs of the jca and some of the pods preamps,

i only use the high cut section of the global eq, cutting highs from around 8k, the lowcut should help with the muddines in you're setup.

for unity volume, just compare volume with guitar straight in the amp and with guitar-pod in to the amp, and set you,re pod's volume to match.

you can set the pods volume with the master volume knop, or with the mixer block in you,signal chain, remember you have to place drive pedals before the mixer block, or else you,re driving you,re drive pedals.

What about the focus does that do? How to set it up with my amp?

focus is the affected fequency you can lower or raise the gain on, the q is the effected frequency area, small settings give a bigger range and high settings visa versa.

let,s say there is certain anoiing frequency in the tone, you raise the gain max and raise the q max and then search for the frequency with the focus by sweeping it across the frequency,s once you find it you can lower the gain of that specific frequency until it is no overwelming.  

you must enable( turn on) the effect loop in the HD500 to use the 4 cable method

read the Meambobo guide

it will take some time to get it right but its well worth it if you have a decent tube amp

after a month of trial and error I finally have my HD500 working well using the 4 cable method with my 1982 JCM800 combo

most important thing is to get send/ return levels right in the PODs effect loop

every amp is different

those little Jet City amps are really nice!

good luck!

focus is the affected fequency you can lower or raise the gain on, the q is the effected frequency area, small settings give a bigger range and high settings visa versa.

let,s say there is certain anoiing frequency in the tone, you raise the gain max and raise the q max and then search for the frequency with the focus by sweeping it across the frequency,s once you find it you can lower the gain of that specific frequency until it is no overwelming.

But i WADS talking about the focus parameter at the global settings, when you chose either the combo, stack or studio direc setup. When Un combo or stack I get the lows, the highs but also a focus Parametter witch I don't know how to use it, or what it's for.

sorry my bad, thought you ment the global eq, i think you mean "combo front" or "stack front" that,s where you get the lows highs and focus, but the focus is there to set the midrange to taste when you go in front of an guitar amp and use amp models, but if you only use the pod for effects, i don,t think this is necessary, studio direct should work fine, but there are no rules realy, just experiment and find the setting you like best. remember most guiarist wan't a uncoulered signal from guitar to the first stage of their amp, if you use the combo or stack front setting and use the high low and focus, you,re basicly altering the guitar signal  in front of the amp (this is in case of using the pod,s effects only), but again there are no rules.