Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Replacement Body for JTV-69

Hi All,

A while ago I dropped my JTV and the result was a cracked body......The guitar is still playable.....I took it to a luthier and they suggested clamping it and adding glue........

Does Line-6 sell replacement bodies......Maybe James Tyler?  Any body got a thought?

If you've got an authorized Line 6 service center in your area, you might check with them. But, to the best of my knowledge, Line 6 doesn't sell replacement bodies. You could try looking on eBay to see if someone's selling a smilier model JTV with dead electronics and use that guitar body as a donor. Keep in mind that Variax electronics are more complex than your typical guitar, so the transplant might be a bit of a challenge.

Hi All,

A while ago I dropped my JTV and the result was a cracked body......The guitar is still playable.....I took it to a luthier and they suggested clamping it and adding glue........

You could probably go that route, but the results may be somewhat less than spectacular, depending on who's doing the repair. Plus, you'll likely have to refinish the whole body if you don't want to see the scars. That can get expensive quickly. Wouldn't surprise me if it ended up costing more than half the price of a new one. At some point, it's just not worth it to fix stuff...

There have been successful transplants - mainly by people who can build there own guitars anyway, but I would look to see whether there is anybody that could do a custom body for you; you do get to choose your own shape and finish and could end up with something unique.

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/latest-jtv-variax-transplant.1297783/