Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Solved: Latency between patches ok unless preamp in FX Loop with 4CM

mjanek20

Hi all,

I've just bought Firehawk FX. I'm using it with Peavey Classic 30 in the 4CM setup. I've read all about the dreaded patch change latency problem but decided to give it a try instead. The latency of changing patches is ok for my purpose. It could be better but all in all my Peavey Classic 30 has a similar latency while switching between channels.

BUT

Everything is nice and ok unless I don't use the preamp of my Peavey in the effect loop. If that is the case the latency of patch switching reaches 1 second or more. The sound cuts and then slowly arises from zero.

To give it simple:

Guitar -> FX -> Send RCV in Peavey  ----------- Patch Switching OK

Guitar -> FX -> 4CM -------------------------------- Patch Switching with 1 second latency (sound arrising)

Can it be a matter of the preamp of my Peavey that needs to somehow re-init if getting signal from INPUT or is it a problem of the Firehawk ?

Please help, I don't know whether to return the unit because using it like this is impossible ... :/

It's not the FX Line that caused the latency between patch changes. It was actually the "Analog Chorus" that caused the "1second +" problem. I've changed it to another one and the problem dissapeared.

Now I'm happy again with my product and can go to sleep peacefully :P