Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Can't find Helix anywhere in Canada

Axe_34

Long and McQuade, Canada's largest chain, doesn't have *any* in stock across the entire country. I've also contacted six smaller retailers that carry Line 6 products in the Toronto area and none of them have had them in stock and don't have a clue when they will see them.

Even Sweetwater's out of them right now -- not that I would order from the US. The exchange rate is ridiculous right now.

What gives? Is supply that behind demand?

• Upvote 1

Guess so, although it's more fair to say that demand is outstripping supply. We're still building way more Helices than we expected to, but aren't willing to sacrifice existing test or quality control processes to ramp things up any faster.

To be honest, I kinda like that someone can't walk into any random Bob's Guitar Emporium and hear what the last dude's greasy fingers did to make it look and sound horrible on the show floor. I'd much rather people try out a factory fresh Helix in their own studio or practice space and if they don't connect with it for whatever reason, return it to the dealer. Obviously, I'm a product design guy, not a sales/marketing guy.

Guess so, although it's more fair to say that demand is outstripping supply. We're still building way more Helices than we expected to, but aren't willing to sacrifice existing test or quality control processes to ramp things up any faster.

To be honest, I kinda like that someone can't walk into any random Bob's Guitar Emporium and hear what the last dude's greasy fingers did to make it look and sound horrible on the show floor. I'd much rather people try out a factory fresh Helix in their own studio or practice space and if they don't connect with it for whatever reason, return it to the dealer. Obviously, I'm a product design guy, not a sales/marketing guy.

Also, I think I answered (maybe this same guy) on the FB forum... but not every L6 dealer is a Helix dealer, correct?

Long and McQuade, Canada's largest chain, doesn't have *any* in stock across the entire country.

https://www.long-mcquade.com/instore_stock/444800/9/

Says they have one in stock...

Mississauga

900 Rathburn Rd W

Mississauga, Ontario

L5C 4L3

Phone: (905) 273-3939

Fax: (905) 273-5749

Email: mississauga@long-mcquade.c

I called them yesterday. They said it's a ghost. Even though it shows in stock, they searched the entire store for me and say it's not there.

https://www.long-mcquade.com/instore_stock/444800/9/

Says they have one in stock...

Mississauga

900 Rathburn Rd W
Mississauga, Ontario
L5C 4L3
Phone: (905) 273-3939
Fax: (905) 273-5749
Email: mississauga@long-mcquade.c

• Upvote 1

Fair enough. I was just a bit surprised that your largest dealer, with 67 locations across the country, would be completely out of stock this far out from the launch.

• Upvote 1

I just got off the phone with Long and McQuade to see when new units are expected to arrive. They weren't able to give an estimate.

They told me there is a note appended to the Helix's SKU number that says they will only be in stock in the stores in each provincial capital -- 10 in total -- but that at each of the 57 other stores, you need to special order it and place a deposit.

Not sure why they would do it this way -- I don't think people want to go through the same hassle to buy a Line 6 product that they would experience when buying a Fractal product (have to pre-order, put down a deposit and wait for it to be shipped to the specific store).

• Upvote 1

Won't the stores in Canada charge you, in Canadian dollars, essentially what you'd pay to a US store ($1500 USD plus 40%)?

Yes, of course - give or take whatever other factors L&M cares to consider in setting their price. Not sure what point you're making.

I think I get what you're getting at -- why not just order from a US store. I would except for the inevitable duty and brokerage fees which can add a lot to an order of that price)

Won't the stores in Canada charge you, in Canadian dollars, essentially what you'd pay to a US store ($1500 USD plus 40%)?

• Upvote 1

Don't forget shipping fees, and inevitably the currency exchange rate if you are paying from a $Cdn bank account or credit card account. It's cheaper to buy it in Canada. L&M gets much more favourable rates on all those things direct from Line 6 and from Canada Customs than any individual would on an order from a US retailer.

And, at the quoted $Cdn price (less than the $US x approx $1.45 current Exchange rate) L&M is also discounting their margin.

Long and McQuade, Canada's largest chain, doesn't have *any* in stock across the entire country. I've also contacted six smaller retailers that carry Line 6 products in the Toronto area and none of them have had them in stock and don't have a clue when they will see them.

Even Sweetwater's out of them right now -- not that I would order from the US. The exchange rate is ridiculous right now.

You're in good company...everybody is waiting in line weeks to months, pretty much everywhere.

I got mine back in late December from Long & McQuade....which was ordered just before September to take advantage of the "Yorkville-distributed 12 month no financing". Which helps when 1500 all of a sudden becomes 1949!!!! They said they would be getting at least 10 in that shop. Probably a tad zealous of the associate to think they were all for the Markham store.  

I think I get what you're getting at -- why not just order from a US store. I would except for the inevitable duty and brokerage fees which can add a lot to an order of that price)

That's right - I meant why not order from the US.  But I didn't take into account the duty and brokerage.

I also didn't realize Sweetwater was out of stock.

So I called the Mississauga store to ask them to set the next one in aside for me.

The sales dude says, "I think we have one."

I told him I called earlier and the guy couldn't find it. He went searching and found it in the back storeroom.

Put a deposit on it and I'm picking it up tomorrow. Last one in the chain. Lucky me!

• Upvote 1

So I called the Mississauga store to ask them to set the next one in aside for me.

I told him I called earlier and the guy couldn't find it. He went searching and found it in the back storeroom.

Put a deposit on it and I'm picking it up tomorrow. Last one in the chain. Lucky me!

U lucky! And about to be really really happy... cancel all your appointments and call in sick.

• Upvote 1

Sweeeeet! :) That's awesome!!