Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Toneport KB37 Phantom Power Condenser Mic OSX Issue

Hi all,

I've owned my Toneport KB37 for a while now, but have only recently purchased a condenser microphone to do some vocal recordings. I am running Line 6 Monkey, Gearbox and Pod Farm on an iMac with OSX 10.7.5. Everything is up to date in Line 6 Monkey.

I've spent a whole night reading various forums and setting up the KB37. I can get the audio monitoring out of the headphones, but am still not getting a signal from the microphone plugged into Mic 1, Phantom Power is on and the red light is lit. Have gone into software settings and made sure it's on send 3-4 etc and have had no luck with getting a mic signal in Garageband, Gearbox or Toneport.

Originally, the KB37 was plugged directly into the iMac USB port and no signal on the mic. Today I plugged in a USB powered hub into the USB port and the KB37 into the hub. Still, no luck. Was worth a shot.

Hopefully someone can help. Starting to think that it is a Phantom Power issue + Mac related.

Cheers!
Adam.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just talked to a rep at zzounds and he said because it is a condenser mic (blue microphones spark XLR is what i have) you need phantom power.

My question is (if anybody can answer and if i need a new audio interface) how the hell can you use gearbox with an audio interface (say focusrite scarlet) gearbox is loaded with fx it can't be left out. It's too good. I wanna use it as a vst. Tell me! i'll buy it!