Photo

Monitoring Through Pod Hd Is Way Too Loud.

daw pod hd monitoring volume loud

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 FenderBluesAAA

FenderBluesAAA

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 05:48 PM

I'm using a POD HD500X and I am trying to record but the monitoring is way too loud. If I put a backing track in Cubase, the playback of that track is extremely loud and I can't hear anything I play. I have the master on my POD all the way up but if I turn down the master and turn up the volume, the tone changes. Is there anyway to not monitor what is in my DAW through the POD? 

#2 phil_m

phil_m

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 5512 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted 04 August 2013 - 05:53 PM

You should be able to lower the volume of the backing track in Cubase. That's probably the easiest way to go about it.

Time is a train
Makes the future the past
Leaves you standing in the station
Your face pressed up against the glass

#3 cabir

cabir

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 08:18 PM

what phil_m said is obviously the easiest thing to do. the backing track might've been mastered or atleast compressed/maximised, hence the loudness. 

don't know if things in the 500x have changed at such a fundamental level, but the volume knob in the amp parameters is purely the volume and does not affect tone. the master volume which affects tone is in the bottom settings of amp parameters. 

the knob which says "master" is the master output of the pod. this is the master volume of the unit, and if this is turned up all the way, no wonder the music is LOUD.

if you don't get enough volume from the amp volume knob at the max. position, then the mixer icon after the amp on the pod has 12db of gain on both left and right channels. if you still want more volume on your guitar sound, pan both the channels in the mixer to the center. this is a lot of volume to give into the hands of one man. 

hope this helps. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: daw, pod hd, monitoring, volume, loud

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users