Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Fender Expo for FRFR?

jawgee

I haven't been able to find any user experiences with POD'ers using the Fender Expo line array system as their FRFR.  I've been eyeing a couple of Alto TS110a's to replace my old PV PA system and double as an FRFR for my HD500 and thought maybe I could just skip the Altos and go to something even more portable like the Fender Expo.  Any thoughts from the POD people?  Thanks!

EDIT: Here's a link to the system on Fender's site:  http://www.fender.com/sound-systems/expo/fender-expo-system/product-69482.html

I can't see any technical reason it wouldn't work, but it depends on how you intend to use it exactly.  I owned the Bose L1 model 2 for some time with the B1 bass when I was playing a solo act.  They're pretty decent in that regard, but unlike a typical FRFR speaker, the line arrays distribute the sound in an entirely different manner which is meant to cover a large area evenly, not so much "in your face" like a typical FRFR speaker.

I have no doubt the Fender Expo would provide a very even and clean representation of the guitar signal out of the POD.  But depending on what style you're playing and what other signals you're sending through it in addition to your guitar, I don't know if you'd get adequate sound coming back to your ears onstage without augmenting it with a floor monitor.  Again, a lot depends on the style of music and how you intend to use it

• Upvote 1