2 replies to this topic

#1 Morrowindsr8good

Morrowindsr8good

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 05:12 AM

Right I have posted this before but to no avail so I'm going to try again.

Basically the only way I can get my POD to send a signal to my ENGL power amp is to go via the fx loop and stick a loop block at the end of the signal chain which is rather annoying as I like the use of the looping function.

I have sent it directly into a PA before via the 1/4" out without an issue but for some reason it is not working going into the ENGL so I have no clue what the problem is.

The output signal is set to power amp, 1/4" line out switch set to amp, guitar in set to normal.

My rough signal chain is (working) Guitar in>Vol pedal>Amp sim>Reverb etc>FX block>FX Send (out)>ENGL>Cab.

The way I want it to work is; Guitar in>Vol pedal>Amp sim>Reverb etc>1/4" out>ENGL>Cab.

Has anybody got any ideas? It's been months and I still can't find a solution.

#2 mrkphpps

mrkphpps

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 12:37 PM

Hi Morrowind

Sorry you're having problems getting the Engl to work.

Have you tried the 1/4" out set to line rather than amp?  I think the amp setting is designed for going into the pre amp input of a guitar amp, and I have mine set to line when I play through the effects loop return of my peavy valve king, and it seems to work for me.

Good luck

Mark

#3 Morrowindsr8good

Morrowindsr8good

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 05:54 AM

You sir! are a gent!

That's sorted it out, can't believe that was all it was, and I'm glad that is all it was.

Cheers

Lewis

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hd500, engl, fxloop, poweramp

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users