Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

I'm Terribly Excited Waiting My New Hd 500x...

Carlo_C

After so many years happy with my analogic Ibanez guitar effects pedalboard I wanted this new thrilling object...

Hope it will not turn my life into a nightmare with crazy settings etc... but make it an heaven!

Hints, Tips, Dos and Undos for an absolute beginner, to be prepared/ready when the box arrive?  :D

Thank you, ciao.

Carlo_C

Download the manual and read it. In the beginning, pay close attention to how the Inputs are assigned and processed within presets and also to Output Modes. Begin with just one amp - no FX - and experiment with all available parameters, including cab/mic selections and the so-called Deep Edit Parameters, especially for the cabs. Get familiar with how the amp's Drive, channel Volume and Master Volume settings interact.

Once you are familiar with tweaking amps, start adding FX.

it's gonna take a while. don't give up. and that's all i have to say about that

GUMP! How did you dial in that tone so quickly Gump?

After so many years happy with my analogic Ibanez guitar effects pedalboard I wanted this new thrilling object...

Hope it will not turn my life into a nightmare with crazy settings etc... but make it an heaven!

Hints, Tips, Dos and Undos for an absolute beginner, to be prepared/ready when the box arrive?  :D

Thank you, ciao.

Carlo_C

If you are using headphones, make sure your output is set to Direct Out. Forget the presets and go to an empty slot pick 1 amp and make it sing with no fx. Once you have it sounding nice then and only then should you add fx. This way you will get to know the model works and how it responds. That helped me quite a bit.

Thank you toneman2121!

Box is here and got... confused! But not giving up!!!  :D

Surprised there is not an OFF-ON switcher... and that the controls/buttons on the side of the setting panel look a bit 'flimsy/cheap'(?), hope they last!

Thank you for the hints I'll do it as I did reading the manual as a previous answer suggested (but I understood the half if not less of it... for now!).  :ph34r:

Carlo_C