Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

recent line 6 spider IV 75w purchase, I have a big question

shudson89

So hello all, One thing i notice about the  75w , is  ill  pull up a preset song say  message in a bottle, ( love the way that sounds) and ill set the volume at one level, but if i switch off the preset and change the tone to say.. crunch, the volume suddenly jumps to incredibly loud. Is the volume preset with the preset song as well somehow? Or is something wrong with my amp. i literally just got it a week ago brand new from GC.

Also as a sidebar, i plug in my phone and use it to play some drum backing tracks for me, through the line in in the back of the unit. Is there a way to just control the line in volume vs my guitars volume? 

Thank you guys and gals in advance!

Hi there,

This is normal due to the volume those presets are currently set at. To dial in your sounds, set your master volume to the loudest you'd like to be. Then adjust the presets channel volume to your liking, then save the preset ( hold the lit up ABC or D button for a couple seconds, you'll see all buttons blinking, then press and hold the desired button (( location of preset)), you'll see a rapid blink,  the preset is now saved) go through each of your presets and save them this way, as different amps,& set ups naturally have different volumes, so make sure to set them for your playing scenario.

Also, Spider Amplifiers can also be updated via a Line 6 controller (like the FBV Express) giving us the ability to connect to the computer and update the amp. There is also a Spider editor for the computer that is another way of editing your Spider amp, while also having access to a community of guitar tones.

Hope this helps!

Hi there,

This is normal due to the volume those presets are currently set at. To dial in your sounds, set your master volume to the loudest you'd like to be. Then adjust the presets channel volume to your liking, then save the preset ( hold the lit up ABC or D button for a couple seconds, you'll see all buttons blinking, then press and hold the desired button (( location of preset)), you'll see a rapid blink,  the preset is now saved) go through each of your presets and save them this way, as different amps,& set ups naturally have different volumes, so make sure to set them for your playing scenario.

Also, Spider Amplifiers can also be updated via a Line 6 controller (like the FBV Express) giving us the ability to connect to the computer and update the amp. There is also a Spider editor for the computer that is another way of editing your Spider amp, while also having access to a community of guitar tones.

Hope this helps!

SO let me ask for a litle clarification, your statement is correct even of the preloaded songs that come with a new amp? as for expample last night i was playing using the sounds from one song, and turned the knob to switch to a different song style and immediately the volume went up HUGE. The volume presets are actually different on each pre-loaded song type ?  also there is no lit up a b c or d button. 

I think I am having the same problem.  For example, if I turn to the Master of Puppets setting, the sound goes to what sounds to be full volume.  This is with master and channel on maybe 20%.  If I then touch either volume knob, say move the master to 18%, it then goes to a normal volume.  If I turn from Master of Puppets, to something else, then back to the same sound (without touching volume knobs) it then goes back to 100% volume.  Any ideas on what is going on?

When you 'touch' one of the knobs, that activates that control and will change that particular knob's function to wherever it is set.  That's the way it works.

You want to take the song/artist presets, change them  (channel volume, tone, etc) and then save them to a User Patch location.