Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Variax 600/POD HD500/Workbench HD not reading guitar model

stonky

Hello all!

I have just bought a Variax 600 to go with my HD500.

All is working but the Workbench HD software (mac).

When I try to connect I get this message..

"The Connected Variax is not compatible with Workbench HD. You must use a James Tyler Version 2.00 or higher"

Is there something I can do about this? Will I not be able to use Workbench HD?

Thank you in advance!

• 6 months later...

I have the same problem here. I do find the Variax Workbench but i can't install it on my Mac. I started to install and then it says can't install on this computer you need 10.5 or above. Hmmmm i use 10.11 so  what can i do....

post-31433-0-89364400-1472493371_thumb.png

Yes, what "silverhead" said. And use the Variax USB Interface device, not the HD500.

The earlier Variax like the 600, don't talk to the HD series of products, need to use the

earlier interface and original Workbench.

The 600 and HD500 will work well and play fine together, but when it comes to updates

or Workbench, use the interface device and original Variax Workbench.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 300 and a 600, and two Pod HD500s. Communication with Workbench is not a problem using the Pod HD500 as the interface in my experience. I sold the USB interface, when I bought my second HD500, considering it excess to my needs, and I saw people without Pod HD500 wanting to connect to Workbench, so it went to a new user that "needed" it.

I'll admit that occasionally, it "loses connection" when updating variax with a bundle. Big deal - start again, and go make a coffee......