Photo

Using Two Guitars On Stage

Best Answer RonMarton , 07 August 2013 - 09:20 AM

...I want to have two Relay transmitters attached to the guitar straps, each on the same frequency, so that I only need one Relay receiver.  

Obviously I would only have one transmitter turned on at a time.

Is this possible?

It sure is, geezer63rd...

(I do this all the time for a variety of reasons, but often simply to save mixer channels.)

One handy "side effect" of the digital technique that's at the heart of Line 6's wireless systems is that the "swap" you mention (by simply switching one transmitter off and then switching the other on) is not only almost instant, but also (more importantly, perhaps ...and unlike analog systems) completely silent !

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 geezer63rd

geezer63rd

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 01:28 AM

Hi,

I play live with two guitars, obviously one at a time.  Currently I have two cables and use an A/B switch when swapping guitars.

I want to use wireless instead to eliminate the two cables and the A/B switch, as these are stage clutter.  I want to be able to swap more quickly.

I want to have two Relay transmitters attached to the guitar straps, each on the same frequency, so that I only need one Relay receiver.  

Is this possible?

Thanks

#2 RonMarton

RonMarton

Power User

• Line 6 Expert
  • 1270 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia.

Posted 07 August 2013 - 09:20 AM   Best Answer

...I want to have two Relay transmitters attached to the guitar straps, each on the same frequency, so that I only need one Relay receiver.  

Is this possible?

It sure is, geezer63rd...

(I do this all the time for a variety of reasons, but often simply to save mixer channels.)

One handy "side effect" of the digital technique that's at the heart of Line 6's wireless systems is that the "swap" you mention (by simply switching one transmitter off and then switching the other on) is not only almost instant, but also (more importantly, perhaps ...and unlike analog systems) completely silent !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users