Photo

Using Variax 600 Tone Control As A Controller And Locking The Tone

controller tone lock

Best Answer silverhead , 07 August 2013 - 06:29 AM

Tone locking can only be done on JTV guitars - not the earlier Variax models like the 600.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 eenymason

eenymason

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 03:54 AM

Hi Vax users,

I understand with JTV variaxes, it's possible to "lock" the guitar's tone within a patch on HD500, or whatever you use controlling presets for the variax, if you want to use the guitar's tone control for example to blend two amps in a dual amp patch. I have figured out how to do this, and am having some success.

Got a killer blend of Blackface Double and Class A-15 for REM's The One I Love, but my problem is this - I have the BF vol on the tone at max and the Class A vol on the tone at min, and mostly I can swing between the clean/dirty sweet spots, but when the guitar's tone drops into boxiness territory closer to min on the tone, the Class A sounds like shite.

Can I "lock" the guitar's tone on Variax 600 or can it only be done on the JTV?

Searching the forum has been fruitless, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

cheers!

#2 silverhead

silverhead

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 11109 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Ontario, Canada

Posted 07 August 2013 - 06:29 AM   Best Answer

Tone locking can only be done on JTV guitars - not the earlier Variax models like the 600.

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.
.... John Lennon

#3 eenymason

eenymason

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 11:27 PM

Thanks for confirmation - and sorry for delayed response - I dozed off for awhile there.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users