Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Feeding Pro Tools output into Line 6 Pod 2

Hi.

I have recorded a guitar part in Pro Tools using an amended version of one of the standard Pod 2 amp settings (7d - 1960 Vox AC15).  I then experimented recording the same part through loads of different amp settings to see which sound good blended together (I am looking to do four layers to get a really full sound).  To do this I kept recording different performances each time.  I settled on four sounds that work well together. 

What I want to do is have the exact same guitar part played through three other amps.  I therefore want to route the existing recorded part out from Pro Tools and back through the next channel (7a - 1960 Fender champ) to record this on guitar track two.  I will then repeat, rerouting and recording the other two guitar tracks.

When I attempted to do this I got a lot of feedback and the resulting waveform was really thin and therefore quiet.  I had a stereo jack coming from output 2 of my interface and going into the Line 6 guitar input socket.  I then had a stereo jack coming out of the LH output of the line 6 into channel 2 input of my interface.

My questions are:

1.  What is the correct method to go about this?

2.  Do I have to record a really clean version to start with and then feed this back through?

3.  What is the correct routing?

Many thanks,

Terry