Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Am I able to download custom tones that were created with a HD500, when my unit is an HD400?

CYGuitar

Sorry, for the confusion in the title thread. I meant, I was trying to install custom tones to my HD400 this morning. The tones were created by someone using an HD500 or 500X. When I tried to download them to my editor, I got an error message that it didn't recognize the file, or something of that nature.

And just to clarify for future readers... 

You can download the patches. You can even upload them. But you can not install them onto your Pod. 

upload/download is not the same thing as install/import/export. 

But yes, absolutely, you can download them from Customtone onto your computer. 

And just to clarify for future readers... 

You can download the patches. You can even upload them. But you can not install them onto your Pod. 

upload/download is not the same thing as install/import/export. 

But yes, absolutely, you can download them from Customtone onto your computer. 

So, I can not install the custom tones to my HD400 if they were made on a HD500/X?

So, I can not install the custom tones to my HD400 if they were made on a HD500/X?

Not unless you use the file conversion utility (see link in my previous post). After converting the HD500X preset file to HD400 format you can load it into the HD400 Edit program.

Hi - similar question but going backwards - I have the HD400 - I notice that ~80% of the downloads have the HD300. This happens even after I filter by only the HD400 - so do I need to download drivers for the HD300 in order to be able to use patches from the HD300 on my HD400. Sure seems like as you move up the food chain/model # - that Line 6 would've built in the capacity to absorb older systems within the newer models? Really appreciate any response to this. Thanks Ken

Ya know, I think Customtone is either flawed, or Line 6 has wised up... 

All of the 300 and 400 tone lists are the same. 

Either way, correct, the 300 and 400 are constructed differently than the 500. Whereas, the 500, 500x, hd pro, and hd pro x are all compatible file formats.