Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Line 6 spider iv 15 watt rock settings

bobby94

Hi I'm new to Line 6 and to the world of the electric guitars.. I've just bought this beautiful amp and I would like to ask a few things ..

The sound "metal" on the amp in some situations is too metal in fact for example I'd like to play songs like "I love rock n' roll" , "smoke on the water " with not so much distortion..so can you tell me some settings for rock songs in particular ? ( not metal songs, just pure rock ) ... note that I already know the section of this site where I can find the "tones".. I want only a suggestion from you for rock settings. .please don't tell to visit that section of the site because I've already done it ..and finally for the rock settings should I modify something on the guitar knobs or I only have to change on the amp the drive, mid, bass and so on ?

Yes, you need to adjust the Drive and tone to get the sound you are looking for.

Note, you cannot download tones from CustomTone to that Spider Amp, that feature is only available for the 75 and higher models.

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...

If you don't want to try the user settings on this site my suggestion would be to google the particular song you want to sound like and add search terms like "amp settings ", "gear and effects ", "guitar rig rundown", etc. Another great source is guitar magazines like Guitar World or Total Guitar or Guitar Player. Also, search YouTube for this stuff. There are a lot of videos on there now with people showing this stuff.