Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HD500X Autowah

black_JazzGuitar

The tron up is the auto wah.  Maybe somebody can help you with the settings..

Could anyone give me an idea about how to build a patch that includes an autowah? In other words, is there the possibility of an autowah in the HD500X? If it is, how can I configure it? Thanks

• Upvote 1

The tron-up, and -down, is modeled from Musitronics Mu-Tron® III. The way it's modeled in the HD seems to be somewhat different than the real thing as far as settings. The gain setting could be Q, and the peak setting could be frequency, or vice versa.

For settings check this out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiz2yTuO3qQ

• 2 months later...

This is one of the FX I think was MUCH better in previous Line 6 products. I had a patch on my Vetta II that I've been unable to really recreate as well on my HD500X. I feel like you need to really boost the signal going into the Tron Up to get a decent sound out of it.

YMMV

Here is a patch you can try out. It is set up to use a Variax 500 with the Special-1 guitar setting but a guitar in the bridge position should also work nicely.

http://www.leesteel.com/l6/Auto_Wah.5xe

Let me know how that works for you.

I was trying to get a Zappa, One Size Fits All, sound.

Well, that's an agressive patch for sure, haha. Actually I was in the look for something more like reggae, you know? But it worked because I could look into the the tronUP settings and get some ideas. Was a starting point. Thanks for the patch

• Upvote 1