Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

500x into Audacity - low recording level

Indianrock2020

I've searched the forum on this and didn't find the answer I was looking for.  500x to Laptop into Audacity over USB.  Recording level is very low.  Audacity is using the Line 6 driver.  Master volume on pod has no effect.

People have mentioned some mysterious 18 db setting which I've never found.   Drivers are all up to date including Windows 10 on laptop.  Switch to Reaper?  I'd buy Reaper in a heartbeat if that will solve it. Audacity is just easy to use.

Pod's master volume won't boost the signal to the DAW. You can go into HD edit and raise the sliders in the mixer.

<edit>

Silverhead reminded me of what I was trying to get the ole brain to remember: Control Panel -> Line 6 Audio-Midi -> that is where the 18 db boost is for usb send.

-whew-

Pod's master volume won't boost the signal to the DAW. You can go into HD edit and raise the sliders in the mixer.

<edit>

Silverhead reminded me of what I was trying to get the ole brain to remember: Control Panel -> Line 6 Audio-Midi -> that is where the 18 db boost is for usb send.

-whew-

That fixed it  !!! thanks

<edit>

-whew-

This "Line 6 Audio-midi" where is this? the pod itself or in the Line 6 Edit? Can't find it