Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

New Line 6 owner

sxhawk

I've posted here once before and got invaluable info, thanks guys. I have a couple more questions

I just bought a used Spider III HD 150 Half Stack. In fact, I haven't even taken delivery. I played it, loved it, and bought it, picking it up this weekend. So, most of my experience is from what I have read online.

TWO QUESTIONS:

The amp is 150 watts, "stereo", or, 75 watts per side. So, is it ever putting out a full 150 watts in the sense of how a 150 watt mono amp would?

Does Line 6 offer free technical support to users who purchase their equipment used?

If not, is paid tech support available?

If so, is it expensive?

Okay, THREE questions. No...three and a half, sorry. I look forward and thank y'all (I'm Southern) in advance for any help you can give me. 

Sincerely,

SXHAWK

You need to plug BOTH amp outputs into the cabinet (there are left and right inputs on the cabinet), otherwise an imbalance will be created in the amp which could eventually cause something to blow in it. 

This gives you a total of 150 watts.  If you are running a mono sound (i.e no stereo flanging, reverb, etc), then you are getting a full 150 watts mono output.  Even if you run a stereo sound, it's still 150 watts (75+75).

Tech support - its 'self help' at Line 6.  There are lots of FAQs on the site, there are these help forums.

Thanks for the help! I've never done anything stereo in a guitar rig, so I was definitely in the dark. But, that IS disappointing about the tech support. The amp I'm retiring is a discontinued brand name, and mine was made by the company that got bought out. I can still call the parent company and get a human to talk to me. I guess if I could hear that great customer service in the amp's tone, I wouldn't be trying to upgrade, huh?

Anyway, as usual, many thanks!

SXHAWK