5 replies to this topic

#1 2kewl

2kewl

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 11:25 AM

I have seen other topics with volume issues on the forums but couldn't find anyone with the same issue. I'm not sure if it is the master volume pot or something else. The Master Volume Pot does not control volume. When I turn the master volume pot though it pops and can affect the tone. The only way I can control the volume is via fbv express volume pedal, but sometimes the amp just jumps to full blast all of a sudden, ignoring the pedal all together. I have had the tubes replaced as well, just to make sure it wasn't just the tubes, but i still have the same problem. Any ideas if its just the master volume pot?

#2 napynap

napynap

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationPalmdale, CA

Posted 16 August 2013 - 06:01 PM

Usually, turning the master volume knob quickly demonstrates the power your amp harnesses. Some questions.. Has the master volume ever worked before? Have you tried disconnecting any MIDI and Ethernet connections? Does it happen on all patches? Does another knob take on the characteristics of the master volume?

#3 moshiposhi

moshiposhi

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 10:57 PM

Hi,

i have the same problem. It´s hard to control the volume with the master volume. When i turn the volume 1 mm then its going up to the full volume and my ears nearly explode. I play my valve in my arpartment and so its hard to control the volume. I do at the moment a workaround that I use the "Channel Volume" but everytime i switch to another sound, the volume is going to maximum. The master volume is currently not to control with the knob.

Do you have an idea, what i can do with this knob ? Can i use any spray. Is is hard to pull the know out, that i can use contact spray ?

Regards

moshiposhi

#4 2kewl

2kewl

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 04:42 AM

Hi Napynap, thanks for your reply. Yes the master volume did work before. Now all i get is static , and a fluctuating volume, and not the normal fluctuating issues everyone else has. It does do it on all patches, as well, I have tried without the volume pedal, and the amp is either putting out static, or if I play with the master volume It will stop for a bit and I get very bad fluctuation in volume from full blast to nothing at all, and it doesn't matter where the knob is pointed to, even when I have the volume knob turned all the way down. It seems to me to be that the pot had gone bad. I have heard that it may just need cleaning too. 

I have experience in electronic and soldering, but its been a long time, and i don't have the proper tools anymore. So changing out the pot wouldn't be too challenging for me. 

#5 Line6Drew

Line6Drew

Line 6 Staff

• 11 posts
  • LocationThe Support Cave

Posted 24 September 2013 - 08:53 AM

The Spider Valve has the power to unleash fury when turning the Master knob. This is definitely true, but it can be tamed. What I do on mine is save the channel volume of my presets to about 3-10%. This allows me to crank the master volume up over half way without blowing my ears out or upsetting neighbors. It is best to manually adjust channel volumes on all of the presets you use to prevent bursts of volume.

2kewl,  

It sounds like your amp needs servicing. Use the link below to have an authorized technician diagnose the issue with your master knob.

http://line6.com/service_centers/

#6 2kewl

2kewl

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 10:43 AM

Line6Drew, I do believe you are right, but the closest service center is a 2 hour drive away. I'll have to check locally to see if someone can look at it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users