Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Little Wing played on Helix

chuskey

Working up an instrumental version of Little Wing to perform for an upcoming open mic night. Thought I'd lay down a version for practice and see how it's coming along.

First few sections I play like the SRV version and then deviate. A lot of improv so I never play a "perfect" version, but it is what it is :)

Signal chain was JTV Variax Strat neck position pickup into Line 6 Helix recorded directly over USB into Ableton Live. No processing done in Ableton whatsoever.

I'd love to hear any feedback.

Needs a "Little more Grit" coming off the 4th PU and back to 2nd PU position for me, but nice playing none the less.  :)

Thanks for the feedback :)  I actually don't change pick up positions at any point during the song, only turn effects on/off on Helix.  Which section of the song were you referring to?

Thanks for the feedback :)  I actually don't change pick up positions at any point during the song, only turn effects on/off on Helix.  Which section of the song were you referring to?

just about a minute or so into the song, he go's from 2 PU position to 4th position where he plays from the 12th fret, then back to 2nd position when he cranks it at the turn around/start over ... 

• Upvote 1

• 7 years later...
On 3/15/2016 at 7:20 PM, chuskey said:

Ask and you shall receive :)

http://line6.com/customtone/tone/1922129/

Hey, Chad... I just ran across this thread and the food truck party version of it on YouTube.  Holy, cow, man!

The link above no longer works and I was wondering if this patch is still available somewhere.  I'd like to dissect it and learn a few things from it.

Thanks!