Photo

Just Got A Pod Xt Bean Pod! Metal Player! What Next?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 JeffHernandez666

JeffHernandez666

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 08 August 2013 - 10:02 PM

I just got a Line 6 xt bean pod! I play Death Metal Shred type music! I have been playing for over 30 years and still young..lol! I like a very fat warm tone but very sustaining! I don't like high end fizziness! What kind of presets or custome tones can you guys direct me towards?

Thanks in advance!!

Jeff

#2 Triryche

Triryche

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 5132 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 04:37 AM

I would try the Metal Shop add-on. If you do not like it, you can get a full refund within the first 30 days.

http://line6.com/modelPacks/metal.html

I personally have never been a fan of the custom tones, especially for hi gain.

I would recommend building from the ground up.

#3 dwatford

dwatford

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 06:41 PM

I use a pod xt live and love the metal pack.  you can get tremendous gain and use the gate to prevent dead notes.

#4 Tmidiman

Tmidiman

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 07:49 PM

For sure get the Metal Pack or just get an X3, which includes all the packs and for some reason sounds much better than the XT.

However don't get an HD unit. iMHO they sound worse and forums across the web are full f stories of people trying to get them to sound right and who later either go back to the X3 or another manufactures pedal all together.

#5 Vin_Dizon

Vin_Dizon

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:25 PM

Hey man, I use a POD XT Live and I play the same type of music you play. I recommend this. You don't need the metal shop for it, just update your XT with using Monkey. http://line6.com/cus...ne/tone/127553/

You can use it as is or you can tweak it a bit. I find it gives a nice Human/Symbolic-era Death type of sound.

#6 toneman2121

toneman2121

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2778 posts
  • Locationphilly

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:28 AM

when updating, your pod must have flash version 2.0 or higher to use usb for updating. otherwise a usb to midi device is required. m-audio midisport uno is recommended.

I'M SO HAPPY!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users