Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Using an M5 as a Rack Wah

LMD_Phil

Hello Line6 forum,

I'm Phil from Lunatic Man's Dream!.

I am looking for a effect unit that can deliver the following specs:

- Wahwah sound controllable via expression pedal. So I don't need to run audio cable to my pedalboard but only control cables to switch my rack.
- I want to be able, to turn that effect off by putting the pedal to "zero-position" OR by an integrated footswitch(like in Dunlop pedals). Depending on the way, the unit makes that possible, I choose a fitting expression pedal.

Does the M5 work this way or do i have to programm special midi presets for having the wah turned on or off?

Best regards,

Phil

• 1 month later...

You can use it with an expression pedal(I do). The M series are picky on what pedals you can use with them, so check compatibility before buying an expression pedal. 

I use the very cheap Line 6 pedal, it works just fine for me.

You can't turn the pedal on and off though via the expression pedal, But you can use midi to turn the M5 On and Off.

I have a switch Dr(it sends midi), so patch 3 has M5 enabled without wah, patch 4 , same patch with wah on. I am sure you get the idea...