Photo

Linking Two Xlr Channels Like You Can The 1/4 Jacks?

xlr ts link m20d

Best Answer RonMarton , 09 August 2013 - 02:04 PM

...I am currently using "grouping" to be able to control the outputs together but then you have to tweak each channel independently. I guess I could tweak 1 and save the preset and then load that preset for the other channel if that is possible and would be an extra step or every time...

Check out page 10.4 of your Advanced Guide regarding the protocol for configuring adjacent "odd and even numbered" channel inputs as "stereo pairs" for convenient control by a single "channel strip" that "eliminates" the lower "odd" number, ...the "pair" then only being simultaneously controlled via its "even numbered mate".

...Also are the 1/4" jacks TS or TRS or both?

As I'm sure you already suspect, they'll function either way, running as TS for "guitar type" unbalanced, or TRS for balanced connections. Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jaminjimlp

jaminjimlp

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 09 August 2013 - 10:11 AM

I figured out how to get two of the 1/4 in inputs to "link as stereo" by plugging in close to the same time an icon pops up in the top right corner of the screen that says "link", but I can seem to find away to get two of the combi jacks to link, the reason I need this is that my Avid Eleven Rack [guitar amp and fx modeler that is totally awesome] has a right and left xlr outputs and that is the way I use it and is the best sounding. I am currently using "grouping" to be able to control the outputs together but then you have to tweak each channel independently. I guess I could tweak 1 and save the preset and then load that preset for the other channel if that is possible and would be an extra step or every time.

I'm still looking around  and learning more about this thing. If anyone can help it would be much appreciated.

Also are the 1/4" jacks TS or TRS or both?

May you be blessed and our Lord Jesus keep you!!!

#2 RonMarton

RonMarton

Power User

• Line 6 Expert
  • 1276 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia.

Posted 09 August 2013 - 02:04 PM   Best Answer

...I am currently using "grouping" to be able to control the outputs together but then you have to tweak each channel independently. I guess I could tweak 1 and save the preset and then load that preset for the other channel if that is possible and would be an extra step or every time...

Check out page 10.4 of your Advanced Guide regarding the protocol for configuring adjacent "odd and even numbered" channel inputs as "stereo pairs" for convenient control by a single "channel strip" that "eliminates" the lower "odd" number, ...the "pair" then only being simultaneously controlled via its "even numbered mate".

...Also are the 1/4" jacks TS or TRS or both?

As I'm sure you already suspect, they'll function either way, running as TS for "guitar type" unbalanced, or TRS for balanced connections.

#3 jaminjimlp

jaminjimlp

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 09 August 2013 - 10:12 PM

Dude you are the man I must have skipped right over that one [or fell asleep, lots a late nights workin with this new toy] thank you so much!!!

As I'm sure you already suspect, they'll function either way, running as TS for "guitar type" unbalanced, or TRS for balanced connections.

#4 jaminjimlp

jaminjimlp

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 10 August 2013 - 08:54 PM

I've done this successfully now a few times... you have to remember to be in the set up mode though.  Thanks again 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: xlr, ts, link, m20d

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users