Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix with DT25 Woes

mdecola1

Hey All,

I currently use the HD500X with a DT25 as a live rig.  I love the DT25 but find the Pod needs constant tweaking and it's cumbersome to tweak live.  Here comes the Helix.  I am having a hard time making it work with the DT.  I tried going into the effects return and the volume is not gig level.  I've tried Line 6 link and am not interested in switching the DT's settings manually, the whole point of the dream rig is not to.  Line 6 support is not really helping much.  Has anyone had success with Helix-DT integration with MIDI.  I am MIDI challenged and trying hard not to return the Helix.  Does anyone have a workflow for integration that will work in a live setting?  Please?!?  Guitar center pay and play is almost up.

thanks for the help! 

• Upvote 1

There are a couple of really good threads on this here on the forum.  I'm using Helix with my DT25 and getting terrific results.

One method is to use a free program called DT Edit via MIDI and turn off the amp, cab and microphone modelling in the amp.  You only have to do this once as the DT25 will keep these settings until you go in and change them.  Then just hook up the L6 Link cable and you're good to go using Helix full amp models.

Another is to set up Helix to send MIDI commands to the DT25 so that whenever you switch to that patch it will configure the amp.

Check out this thread for more info:

http://line6.com/support/topic/18843-helix-dt25-worthy-of-more-exploration/ 

• Upvote 1

There are a couple of really good threads on this here on the forum.  I'm using Helix with my DT25 and getting terrific results.

One method is to use a free program called DT Edit via MIDI and turn off the amp, cab and microphone modelling in the amp.  You only have to do this once as the DT25 will keep these settings until you go in and change them.  Then just hook up the L6 Link cable and you're good to go using Helix full amp models.

Another is to set up Helix to send MIDI commands to the DT25 so that whenever you switch to that patch it will configure the amp.

Check out this thread for more info:

http://line6.com/support/topic/18843-helix-dt25-worthy-of-more-exploration/ 

Yes - DT25 + Helix sounds amazing!!! It took me some messing around with what I needed to do - in particular, what DarrellM5 mentioned; take a few minutes to use DTEdit and blank all the DT preamp/cab/mic setups for all eight 'voicings'. Then, what I did, just to at least be able to toggle between the four topologies, is set up each pair of A1 & B1 to be the matching I-II-III-IV topo. For some reason with the current Helix-DT connection being on channel A prevents you from toggling between the four topos. However, if you switch to channel B, it allows you to toggle between the topo settings, if you have them pre-assigned to the four voicing settings.

It's worth it; take the time, because- Helix sounds *incredible* with DT25 - when the DT is set up properly!

The reality is that you will likely be able to find one topo setting, pentode/triode, and class setting that you like the best, and stick to it for most any patch on the Helix.