#1 bogdanflorin

bogdanflorin

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 12:15 PM

Hello.

I was wondering,  has anyone tried an EV condenser capsule for line 6 - V55 handheld, 

http://www.fullcompa...uct/337809.html

Electro-Voice RC2-410 
RE410 Cardioid Condenser Microphone Head

OR

the Lectrosonics HHC Condenser

http://www.fullcompa...uct/410410.html

Lectrosonics HHC 
Cardioid Microphone Capsule for HH Transmitter

because I want to replace my standard V55 capsule with a condenser capsule, because condensers always fit my voice OK.

I am interested if the mentioned above capsules fit the transmitter, and if they have the gain reduction "issue" like the Shure beta 87.

And, do you have any other suggestions of other gain trouble free condenser capsules for the Line 6 transmitter?

Thank you.  :)

#2 RonMarton

RonMarton

Power User

• Line 6 Expert
  • 1270 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia.

Posted 10 August 2013 - 01:02 PM

...do you have any other suggestions of other gain trouble free condenser capsules for the Line 6 transmitter?

I doubt whether either Electro-Voice or Lectrosonics capsules are compatible, but mediterraneo recently reported his trouble-free, ongoing operation when using Shure's RPW184 version of their excellent vocal condenser capsule, here: http://line6.com/sup...xd-v-handhelds/.

However, before pretty much doubling the cost of your entire system, as indicated by these online listings...

http://www.bhphotovi...Top Nav-Search=

http://www.fullcompa...ure ksm9 rpw184

...I'd strongly urge you to experiment further with how your voice actually sounds via the range of models built into an XD-V55 handheld, ...in particular the "e835" one based on that model of Sennheiser and Line 6's proprietary "L6" model.

You may be very pleasantly surprised to find that you can keep that extra cash in your pocket. :)

#3 bogdanflorin

bogdanflorin

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 10:50 AM

Thanks Ron,

Your advice is always welcome for me, because while reading different threads around this forum, your opinions are very well balanced and I've always appreciated them.
Ron - please believe me - I have tried all models on the stock capsule, even with lots of compressing, eq-ing - everything, you name it - and none of the models suite me.
In fact, the models sound to my ears a bit muffled when comparing on the same settings with the true wired mic versions.
The Sm58, the 835, the 57 - ALL - have a higher end and sound crispier than the modeled ones - in my opinion.
Why I like condensers so much? - because of their improved HF response which is exactly what I look for. Of course I am also careful at not to feedback.

For an eg. if I swap my V55 - any modeled capsule - with a cheap Rode M2 condenser, all the nuances of my voice start to come out. So that is why I am looking for an AFFORDABLE condenser capsule for the V55 (KSM9 is way out of my range).

That is why I was thinking about the EV / Lectrosonics capsules.

Another question, if the Beta 87 has a notable lower gain on the Line 6 transmitter, how about the SM86/87?
Ron, do you have any experience with the SM86/87 on the Line 6 transmitter, or the SM86/87 in general, because I have never used them. Do they sound good?

Just to give you an idea of the sound that I would be satisfied with, I will post here a link to a song where I've used the Behringer B2 Pro for my vocals. (used a bit of EQ, compression and reverb)
(It's NY NY by Frank Sinatra, and by posting it i do not intend to break any laws of copyright, and do not take any rights to my own.)
https://app.box.com/...mgvqt1ox1e406dw
This is a home recording, and it's done in a very traditional style, with minimal processing.

So, to put it short, is there a capsule out there for the Line 6 that can give me the same sound characteristics? (even with EQ-ing)

If not, i will have to sell the unit and look for one with a nice condenser capsule (that is IF LINE6 WILL NOT DECIDE TO PUT SOME CONDENSER CAPSULES IN THE GAME TOO, because the transmitter is really - really good - compared to ANY analog one, and the capsule too, but not for my voice).
Being only 25 years old, and looking to try out my luck in the music business, I need to have a good start in live performances - and a good start - "starts''- :) - in my opinion with a good sounding mic FOR ME.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR HELPING ME and for taking the time to read my lonnnnnnnnng posts. :)

ALL THE BEST, and have a great day!

#4 RonMarton

RonMarton

Power User

• Line 6 Expert
  • 1270 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 03:44 PM

...Just to give you an idea of the sound that I would be satisfied with, I will post here a link to a song where I've used the Behringer B2 Pro for my vocals. (used a bit of EQ, compression and reverb)
(It's NY NY by Frank Sinatra, and by posting it i do not intend to break any laws of copyright, and do not take any rights to my own.)...

Just a quick aside from my "Legal Eagles", that I'm hoping will ease many folks' minds, (along with yours) Bogdan...

From a copyright perspective, your recorded performance is a "new work", all rights to which vest in YOU.

The actual song itself, however, may be subject to rights that vest in its composer and/or lyricist, but such rights are generally only exercised in respect of commercial exploitation by other parties. (Those "other parties" being the likes of us.)

In other words, you're pretty safe with a demo like that, given that it's clearly not intended for either public performance or profit...

...and ...fabulous breath control, by the way ! :)

(Keep working on the "Noo York" accent, though...) :lol: ;)

Ron - please believe me - I have tried all models on the stock capsule, even with lots of compressing, eq-ing - everything, you name it - and none of the models suit me.
In fact, the models sound to my ears a bit muffled when comparing on the same settings with the true wired mic versions.
The Sm58, the 835, the 57 - ALL - have a higher end and sound crispier than the modeled ones - in my opinion.
Why I like condensers so much? - because of their improved HF response which is exactly what I look for. Of course I am also careful at not to feedback.

For an eg. if I swap my V55 - any modeled capsule - with a cheap Rode M2 condenser, all the nuances of my voice start to come out. So that is why I am looking for an AFFORDABLE condenser capsule for the V55 (KSM9 is way out of my range).

Sorry, my friend. I meant no offence in "double checking" what you had tried so far.

I am sure (or, even, "Shure") that you understand how hard it is for me to get (or keep) a "mental image" of just what an individual enquirer is actually "trying to hear" from their microphone, as well as any awareness they may or may not have as far as the gear that they already own.

Time for some good news.

Both of these Shure condenser capsules work well when screwed onto Line 6 handhelds...

http://www.bhphotovi...nt_Element.html

http://www.bhphotovi...nt_Element.html

...and both cost under a third of the asking price of the KSM9.

The not so good news ?

To my ears, while they both can sound really great on some voices, neither are quite as "silky smooth" in the mid-range as that "cheap Røde M2 condenser" you mentioned, which (to my old ears) has an almost "ribbon mic" quality that's also made it one of my absolute favourites for the "Harry Connick Jnr./Michael Bublé" style of vocal you're interested in.

That being said, the (slightly) cheaper of the two Shures (the RPW116 screw-on SM87A) sounds flatter (again, to my ears) than the SM86, which makes me think that it may suit your voice better, however the "A" denotes the fact that it's hypercardioid, ...as distinct from the SM86's cardioid pickup.

All of which leads me to think that it would be most unwise for you to invest in either without actually trying them with your own voice and foldback (and ...dare I say it, ...feedback) arrangements.

Accordingly, I'm hoping you have access to a convenient music store, where a trial of the much more common cabled versions of the SM86 and SM87A will tell you all you need to know before ordering either screw-on capsule.

Having done that, I'd be very surprised if you didn't love and treasure the combination that you eventually "keep". Why ?

Well, you said it best...

...because the transmitter is really - really good - compared to ANY analog one...

...and I believe that nobody could be more "right" than you, when you say that...

a good start - "starts''- :) - in my opinion with a good sounding mic...

#5 bogdanflorin

bogdanflorin

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 12:23 AM

Ron,

Thanks for the info. Now that you have made an idea of the sound I'm looking for, and I must say you have a very trained ear - hats off to you.

For me trying out mics is quite difficult, because the music stores around here are not very customer friendly, and so I have do "take the gamble" and figure out the best solution just by talking to experienced people like you and internet videos/samples. 

Just wondering about smth:

- I have heard the EV410 and 510 condenser wired mics on the internet and they seemed to me they could offer a good sound for me.  What is the main compatibility issue that they don't work with the Line 6 HH? Is is mechanical related (thread) or electrical?

Those capsules fit the Lectrosonics HH, so why wouldn't they fit the Line6 - so I'm guessing  - there MIGHT be an electrical problem (power requirements, impedance adapting, pin arrangement on the thread, etc.....). If you know the problem, you can go into details, because I'm an electronics engineer so I can understand the tech stuff.

MAYBE DON BOOMER CAN CONFIRM THIS (OR NOT).

I have to make a "wise" decision so that I have the best compromise between money value/sound value capsule, WITHOUT trying it out.

SO FAR, my list is quite simple:

- Heil PR22/35, very compatible, but is it the sound i want? And I will choose them only if they could fit my tone above 85% (I have given M. Buble the 100% percent I am looking for, with his Beta 87C)

- Lectrosonics HHC / EV510 / EV410 -  I like the samples on the internet, I think ALL fit me sound wise, but do they fit the Line 6 HH?

- Shure Beta 87A/C (Buble uses C, and he sounds FABULOUS) will fit me, but GAIN PROBLEM with HH (i can fix it with the transistor preamp I saw on this forum)

- SM86/87 will work, but sound wise I'll leave them maybe towars the end of my mic option list.

So Ron, If you were to make such a hard decision, and believe me it's hard because I can't try the mics, what would be the best compromise from your point of view?

I am also considering a new GLXD Shure with Beta 87A/C, (2.4GHz, digital) but I don't like the fact that is uses only their proprietary battery pack for the transmitter, and to me the RF specs don't seem so good as Line 6's. I love the Line6 Wireless so much, and it will be very heard for me to give it up just because of the capsule. That's why I am so focused on 3'rd party capsules.

But if the compromise isn't the BEST one, i'll switch to the GLXD  - I preffer dealing with an inferior RF and battery system (in my opinion) than an inferior SOUND.

#6 RonMarton

RonMarton

Power User

• Line 6 Expert
  • 1270 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 04:37 AM

...I have heard the EV410 and 510 condenser wired mics on the internet and they seemed to me they could offer a good sound for me. What is the main compatibility issue that they don't work with the Line 6 HH? Is is mechanical related (thread) or electrical?
Those capsules fit the Lectrosonics HH, so why wouldn't they fit the Line6 - so I'm guessing - there MIGHT be an electrical problem (power requirements, impedance adapting, pin arrangement on the thread, etc.....). If you know the problem, you can go into details, because I'm an electronics engineer so I can understand the tech stuff.
MAYBE DON BOOMER CAN CONFIRM THIS (OR NOT)...

I have been a big fan of both Lectrosonics wireless mic gear for over thirty years and Electro-Voice microphones for nearly fifty years, ...but I am still wary of recommending their capsules as direct "screw-on" attachments to XD-V handhelds without either having tried them myself or heard reports from reputable people who have done so.

- Heil PR22/35, very compatible, but is it the sound i want?

I absolutely love Bob Heil's rugged mics, and own several, along with several similarly rugged and USA-built mics from his competitor Clifford Castle at Audix, ...but I feel that you may be right in thinking that their sound may not be the "condenser/ribbon" one you're looking for.

(Or, ...really, ...listening for.)

Which leaves the more expensive Beta 87, that requires gain modification to the older XD-V handhelds, or the cheaper SM86 and SM87 which don't.

Now, to my ears it's "warmth" and detail in the bass that places the Beta 87 above the SM 87, the "C" suffix being the wider cardioid pickup ("dead" spot at the back) versions, the "A" denoting the tighter supercardioids ("dead" spots to both rear sides) ...and bass doesn't seem to be your main area of concern.

So if you can't actually try the cabled versions before buying your capsule, I wonder how much hardship it might impose on you to buy the cheaper SM87 that I think is the "smoother" of the two "non beta" options from Shure, ...on the basis that, should you not like it, you could probably recoup most of the cost by selling it on as a "new bargain, in original box"... ( ? )

#7 dougpke

dougpke

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 07:31 AM

I am interested if the mentioned above capsules fit the transmitter, and if they have the gain reduction "issue" like the Shure beta 87

Could one of you please explain what is meant by the phrase "gain reduction issue" with a Shure Beta87. I am sure I have had  Beta 87's on my THH12 handhelds and they "functioned". Is the word "gain" referring to a sensitivity issue?

#8 RonMarton

RonMarton

Power User

• Line 6 Expert
  • 1270 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 12:15 PM

...Is the word "gain" referring to a sensitivity issue?

Increased "sensitivity" is is the term that describes the effect of more "gain" being available at the "front end" of such systems, ...so yes.

This is the one of the conversations that are at the heart of Bogdan's concerns about fitting a standard Beta 87 "head" to his XD-V handheld:

http://line6.com/sup...9644?tstart=90

#9 dboomer

dboomer

Line 6 Staff

• 2516 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 02:59 PM

Here are the main issues to consider when using any 3rd party mic with a Line 6 transmitter.

First ... will it fit?  If so it will probably work.  Condensors have one additional issue and that is curent draw.  We have found that the KSM capsules draw too much power.  They may still "work" (as attested to by a number of users ... but ... they probably suffer performance issues most likely dimenished dynamic range.  Funny thing is even that deminished range may be better than on a native transmitter because the transmitter suffers from dynamics issues.  I have not actually ever measured this ... but I think it may be a good parameter to understand before going ahead.

Now you need to define "work".  It probably passes signal and at full frequency response but it may not have the proper sensitivity for the job you are doing.  This most often shows itself with lav and headset mics more than with vocal mics.  If you look at a manufacturer like Countryman, they specify 3 different sensitivity versions of the same mic depending on the job you want to do.

Also some 3rd party mics do not have as much RF rejection as the factory supplied Line 6 units.  So you may pickup some EMF/RF junk that is floating around in the atmosphere.  Some have greater handling noise issues.  GIGO (garbage in, garbage out) ....The Line 6 transmitter is just going to faithfully transmit whatever you give it over to the receiver.

#10 dougpke

dougpke

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 05:25 AM

After reading Gear Head's link to the previous conversation about using Beta 87's with V70's, I was all excited about rushing out, collecting up the parts, and ripping a bunch of capsules open to add a little bit of gain to them (God, I love being a geek!). But when I got to the bottom of the thread, it appears to me that dboomer is saying that none of that is necessary if you have V75's, or have upgraded the firmware in your V70's and THH12's to 2.01. So a Beta 87 capsule on a THH12 handheld should sound like a wired Beta 87? And if that is the sound I want, I should be a happy camper?

#11 RonMarton

RonMarton

Power User

• Line 6 Expert
  • 1270 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 05:41 PM

...So a Beta 87 capsule on a THH12 handheld should sound like a wired Beta 87? And if that is the sound I want, I should be a happy camper?

...Aah, pretty much "yes", provided that (as you've noted) this typically sage advice from Mr Boomer is kept in mind...

(Take it away, Mr B...)

"...The gain structure when using third party capsules is a bit different with  V75 than with a V70, so no preamp is needed ... and ... inside the V2.0 firmware is an output level control if you wanted to boost it even further (which I would NOT recommend)...

#12 bogdanflorin

bogdanflorin

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 02:12 PM

Hello Don
Right now I am very confused. I have a V55 unit with stock factory firmware. Are you saying that if I put a beta 87 capsule on it there will be no gain issue and it will work without a hand made second preamp in the capsule? Only with v70 there was a problem? Are you certain that by adding any of the 3 condenser capsules from shure ( sm 87, 86 or the better beta 87) on my v55 stock firmware i will get by default same output level as the 3 mentioned wired mics with no altering to the capsule? Please confirm Don because I am a bit puzzeled now, especially about the beta87.
If it works please confirm also from what firmware version of the v55 (stock or updated). THANK YOU SO MUCH IN ADVANCE DON!

#13 dboomer

dboomer

Line 6 Staff

• 2516 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 03:30 PM

So first ... yes there is a difference in V2.x firmware with respect to gain when using 3rd party capsules.  They will now have higher output than they did with V70s using V1.x firmware.  Updated V70s will get this benefit as well.

I cannot say for certain if the level will be the same as the wired mics.  The wireless capsules are not that same as the wired versions with Shure products

#14 dougpke

dougpke

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 05:55 AM

Thanks for the info. I am going to try a Heil RC 35, along with one of my Shure Beta 87a's on the V75's this evening. We will eventually have (24) V70/75's by the time my conversion from the old Shure U4D-UB's is done. I will also get to see how that 1/8" polyurethane disk I put in the bottom of the battery cup holder is working out..... or not!..... Lol!

#15 pjmuck

pjmuck

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 10:24 PM

Hello, eveyone. First time poster in this forum. Considering all I've read here with regard to capsule add ons, in addition to the $150 rebate going on right now, I think I'm ready to take the plunge on a XD-V75 system. Quick question though: what is the cheapest XD system I could install condenser capsules on? (and how is the XD HH supplying phantom power?) The option of having 10 different mic models is very appealing, perhaps more so in the studio and recording than on stage, but when all is said and done I've always been a condenser user live and don't see myself necessary needing 10 models. (though if it sounds as good as everyone says, I might just bite the bullet and purge my mic locker. ;^)).

Thanks for the info. I am going to try a Heil RC 35, along with one of my Shure Beta 87a's on the V75's this evening. We will eventually have (24) V70/75's by the time my conversion from the old Shure U4D-UB's is done. I will also get to see how that 1/8" polyurethane disk I put in the bottom of the battery cup holder is working out..... or not!..... Lol!

Any updates? Very curious if it worked. I've been using condenser mics live exclusively for over a decade, first with a Beta87 and now I alternate between my Neumann KMS105 and Shure KSM9 depending on the gig. A Neumann wireless capsule is out, given the price/compatibility?, but the KSM9 RP184 might be possible if I sell off a few things, (including my wired KSM9), and the Beta87 RPW120 would be acceptable too, though it would be my last choice of the 3 condensers I use/used. But considering how inexpensive used Beta87 capsules are on ebay, I could go that route and could possibly put together a killer setup for under $500.

#16 RonMarton

RonMarton

Power User

• Line 6 Expert
  • 1270 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 11:29 PM

Welcome aboard, pjmuck...

...Quick question though: what is the cheapest XD system I could install condenser capsules on? (and how is the XD HH supplying phantom power?)...

Don Boomer will correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that all current models of Line 6's XD-V handhelds share not only their identical physical construction, but also their actual arrangements for potentially supplying DC power (though it's not really "phantom") to condenser capsules.

It's just that many of the condenser capsules on the market don't physically fit ...and some that do are not compatible because they seem to require different voltages (sometimes to different "pogo stick" pins that "mate" with the circular tracks in the body of the handheld transmitter) and/or have unsuitable gain structures and/or require more current than is available.

In order to reduce your particular "cheapest compatible capsule replacement" discussion to its most simple "rule of thumb", I would summarise it by saying that, in my opinion, the cheaper the Line 6 handheld, the more likely it is that gain and "modelling" compromises may need to be made with a given "compatible" condenser capsule.

(BTW, like you, I am also a huge fan of Neumann's expensive KSM105 and KSM106 capsules, so I'm accordingly not very fond of the way that most of the Shure "family" seem to emphasise their mid-ranges by comparison.)  

#17 dougpke

dougpke

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 10:27 AM

Hello, eveyone. First time poster in this forum. Considering all I've read here with regard to capsule add ons, in addition to the $150 rebate going on right now, I think I'm ready to take the plunge on a XD-V75 system. Quick question though: what is the cheapest XD system I could install condenser capsules on? (and how is the XD HH supplying phantom power?) The option of having 10 different mic models is very appealing, perhaps more so in the studio and recording than on stage, but when all is said and done I've always been a condenser user live and don't see myself necessary needing 10 models. (though if it sounds as good as everyone says, I might just bite the bullet and purge my mic locker. ;^)).

Any updates? Very curious if it worked. I've been using condenser mics live exclusively for over a decade, first with a Beta87 and now I alternate between my Neumann KMS105 and Shure KSM9 depending on the gig. A Neumann wireless capsule is out, given the price/compatibility?, but the KSM9 RP184 might be possible if I sell off a few things, (including my wired KSM9), and the Beta87 RPW120 would be acceptable too, though it would be my last choice of the 3 condensers I use/used. But considering how inexpensive used Beta87 capsules are on ebay, I could go that route and could possibly put together a killer setup for under $500.

Also welcome to the forum. The polyurethane discs in the battery cup holders seem to be working fine. The one handheld has at least 48 hours on it, and I have not noticed any cracks in the holders yet. However, I don't think anyone has dropped the mic yet..... ;-)

I love the sound of the Heil RC 35 capsule. There does appear to be a stronger lower end to it, compared to the Beta 87's. but the vocals seem to have a warm airy sound to them. We had a very excellent female singer singer use it last night, and the sound was incredible. The thing I like about the Beta 87's besides the pattern, is the hardened grille, which resists the occasional dropping, and doesn't look like crap after a period of time. Whether the RC 35 is constructed that way remains to be seen, but I like the sound enough to at least start adding 1 to each our our systems.....

#18 pjmuck

pjmuck

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 08:40 AM

Welcome aboard, pjmuck...

Don Boomer will correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that all current models of Line 6's XD-V handhelds share not only their identical physical construction, but also their actual arrangements for potentially supplying DC power (though it's not really "phantom") to condenser capsules.

It's just that many of the condenser capsules on the market don't physically fit ...and some that do are not compatible because they seem to require different voltages (sometimes to different "pogo stick" pins that "mate" with the circular tracks in the body of the handheld transmitter) and/or have unsuitable gain structures and/or require more current than is available.

In order to reduce your particular "cheapest compatible capsule replacement" discussion to its most simple "rule of thumb", I would summarise it by saying that, in my opinion, the cheaper the Line 6 handheld, the more likely it is that gain and "modelling" compromises may need to be made with a given "compatible" condenser capsule.

(BTW, like you, I am also a huge fan of Neumann's expensive KSM105 and KSM106 capsules, so I'm accordingly not very fond of the way that most of the Shure "family" seem to emphasise their mid-ranges by comparison.)  

Many thanks for the warm welcome and advice! :)

I know all points are leading me to just buying the XD-V75, but I guess the one issue I'm having is the fact that I already have a few expensive mics I love using and hate the idea of having to use yet another mic just to access the wireless option. Which is why the option of swapping capsules appeals to me greatly PROVIDED they work. I was also weighing the option of purchasing a plug-in transmitter system (like the Sennheiser SKP 100/300/500 series, Shure UR3/FP3, or that super cheapo Vocopro PL2 - anyone have any experience with this system?). etc), that way I could use any mic I already own, thinking I could get around the ugly aesthetics of a large bulky block on the end of my mic.

Also welcome to the forum. The polyurethane discs in the battery cup holders seem to be working fine. The one handheld has at least 48 hours on it, and I have not noticed any cracks in the holders yet. However, I don't think anyone has dropped the mic yet..... ;-)

I love the sound of the Heil RC 35 capsule. There does appear to be a stronger lower end to it, compared to the Beta 87's. but the vocals seem to have a warm airy sound to them. We had a very excellent female singer singer use it last night, and the sound was incredible. The thing I like about the Beta 87's besides the pattern, is the hardened grille, which resists the occasional dropping, and doesn't look like crap after a period of time. Whether the RC 35 is constructed that way remains to be seen, but I like the sound enough to at least start adding 1 to each our our systems.....

Glad to hear the Heil PR35 capsule works! I own a wired PR35. I think it's the best dynamic vocal mic on the market, though admittedly, I've had a hard time working with mine. I find the mic very plosive and have had to use it with it's windscreen to compensate. Better mic technique would probably help, but what can I say, I've been singing so long my way that I'm used to just getting up there and singing without thinking about it! :lol: My Shures and Neumann have excellent plosive rejection.

#19 RonMarton

RonMarton

Power User

• Line 6 Expert
  • 1270 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 11:04 PM

...I was also weighing the option of purchasing a plug-in transmitter system ...or that super cheapo Vocopro PL2 - anyone have any experience with this system...

Aargh !

Many folks out there will know that I'm dead against "flaming" and/or any sort of denigration and/or disrespect being levelled at products, regardless of their manufacture or price, 

...BUT...

With the greatest respect possible, that's a really unfair comparison !

While all systems undoubtedly do have their rightful place in their "target" markets, my experience has been that Vocopro systems really are out of place in the company of the more reputable and more expensive brands, exactly as your instincts seem to have told you already.

Moving on to the "butt plug" types you're considering. They're analog.

Setting all consideration of that inferior technology to one side for a moment, ...here's what I consider to be the absolute heart of the issue:

I know of NO other wireless delivery system, that can be obtained for less than twice their asking price, that delivers sound from the source to its receiver with the fidelity and transparency of my nine XD-V systems.

Period.

If anyone has found such a system elsewhere, please post it here so my old ears can check it out.

Then if "XD-V75" levels of antenna and other "system" flexibility are required, I find that we're looking at roughly five times the cost ...and we'll still not find anything to match Line 6's included "modelling" and "dynamic filter" options.

Again, I'd love to be proven wrong. 

#20 dougpke

dougpke

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 03:45 AM

Using Line 6 (or any other name brand) and Vocopro in the same sentence is...... Blasphemy!..... Lol!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users